X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello!

My name is Alexandre Schmidt. I'm from Brazil and interested in improving my knowledge on electronics.

The main reason I'm here is I found some interesting posts in the forum about Samsung TV main board recovery after corrupting EEPROM (generally via Micom Upgrade accidental activation), so I'm after some cases of success. My hope is to be able to reproduce the EEPROM restoration in some old boards in order to bring some TVs back to life and avoid throwing away more electronics.

Hope I can contribute here somehow.

Thanks!

Alex.

Comment

Hi, I'm a new member and would like introduction myself. My user name Chris1sr goes way back to AOL IM, my kids gave me this screen name so i could im them about 25 years ago. My name is Chris Sr. and my first computers were ibm 286's that i trash picked for my 8 kids while i worked as a carpenter. I networked them on 10base2 thin Ethernet and I think I used sygate to share a dial up connection. A lot has changed since then, i really enjoy new technology. I'm interested in everything and enjoy the challenge of repairer just about anything. looking forward to learning new stuff from this Forum.
      Thanks
      Chris

Comment

Hey Hey

halfa from downunder

after giving up on corporate life 12 months ago, ive since turned my tinkering hobby into a passion and now into a small business!

not even 24hrs old and Im already obsessing about this site .... love it!

Cheers all

Comment

hello, hope to learn from you guys and hope I can become a tech guy like you do.

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm new here! Looking for help to fix up my old plasma that I can't bare to skip.
            I'm in the UK. I enjoy soldering and electronic stuff. But I'm no technician!!
            Anyway, hi. I'll post up my problem next. Hopefully some helpful people can walk me through a good fix!!

Comment

From the US and looking forward to learning some new things

Comment

Dear Person;....

I've been here awhile...
                I had a problem with logging in that's now solved...
                I want to start a thread , but , I'm told the following;=>..
                """Ron.M, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                Your account must be activated. Have you activated your account by clicking the link in the email that was sent to you when you created the account?
                If you're a new member, have you read the welcome PM outlining how to create your first new thread? """

I've tried several ways to get that fixed with NO success !!!
                Can ANYBODY help me get that done as I have a TV that need help HERE !!!

THANKS in anticipation of your help & a quick reply....
                SINCERELY...
                Ron.M :-)

Comment

Hello Everybody. My name is Jim, user name is Cameo57, and I live in Idaho. I have experience with computers, cars, and many mechanical things. Just getting into TV's. Hoping to use everyone as a resource for future endeavors.

Comment

Hi everybody, I am just a beginner trying to get some experience... I do well with mechanical stuff and wouldn't mind learning a bit about electronics too! Cheers

Comment

Hello from the Seattle, Wa, USA area. Trying to resurrect an LG Plasma a neighbor gave me.
                      Best Regards,
                      Jack

Comment

Hi, My name is Mike, im an appliance repair technician, and am learning how to solder, figured id join to learn a bit more, because i got into it just to learn how to change caps on control boards for appliances, but im quite interested in soldering after reading, watching and attempting to do things in a trial n error with junk boards, i think ive gotten it down, just here to expand my knowledge in this field

Comment

hello i m new visitor here in this forum

Comment

Hi all, my name is Phil and I am from a little town called Oamaru in New Zealand, you might know it you might not but I have lived here for all my live and has been good to me.
                            I am a Fitter and Turner and have been interested in electronics since I was about 11or12 when I was first introduced to the range of the Dick Smith kitsets and that progressed through to making electronic bugs and listening devices. After about10 years of that I have only dabbled as family, with now 3 kids, came first. Now they're a little older I can sit down and concentrate without parts being pulled off my workbench.
                            Found this site by accident and couldn't resist joining. I look forward to reading more of what knowledge is out there. So thanks for reading and bye for now.

Comment

Hallo, I donĀ“t understand how works all here. Sorry I am new here,

Christian

Comment

Hi to all members my name is charis im from greece.
                                I am an electronic radio and tv engineer. Also have study satellite comunications,automatic,and pc systems.
                                Im in the service business about 20 years now.

Comment

Hi thanks for letting me join this great service site.I am a retired audio/video technican of 50 + years.I have experence with most any electronic device that has a cord.Since the two days I have joined ,I have solved problems with two tv,'s.The tip on a sony tv with no ac detction by joining 2 pins on ph6101 ic was great .My nick name is Dickie,looking forward to being of assistance if needed

Comment

Hi guys,my name is John
                                    I decided to join your forums Quite a while back, but have not posted yet i have just been reading about all the great repairs you guys have been doing on various devices..
                                    I found this place when I was searching for capacitors that needed replacing on a Samsung TV power supply board that a friend gave me to repair for him.

Hope to have some fun here as well as learn more about computer electronics and sharpen my electronics skills.

Comment

Has anybody had a problem with a Sony KDL46EX729 tv that has no signal with hdmi audio return channel.This problem will not let a Sony sound bar HT-XT1 be controlled.I have traced back to main board CPU,every other function & command is working,just no sync signal for ARC command.Has latest firmware,This seems to be common with other tv's.

Comment

Hello I'm Gabby a wandering technician who started with PC hardware and networking and blah blah blah...
                                        I am here to learn with the great minds!

Comment

Hi i am new to this forum so i cant post a new thread, i'm looking for a replacement for a svf4n65f n channel mosfet but cant find anything. any help would me appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X