X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi Everyone,
    Fixing a MacBook Pro A1425 that got some water damage, and a search for schematic brought me to Badcaps.
    Hopefully I can exchange some knowledge here.
    Thanks, JT

Comment

My name is Pan and I come from China.My work is related to computer and internet.I met many problems in computer.I'm new in this field,so I want to learn something. I have learned something by myself ,but it's too slow.

Comment

Tv not working..

Comment

Hi. I'm Jake King (USA). I'm an electronic fanatic. I love taking stuff apart and seeing what makes it work. Im always looking to learn something new.

Comment

Hey guys Rick here. found this forum while trying to fix my Pioneer plasma display hope you guys can help out! thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
              As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
              So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
              where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
              "Newbie" DAHoneycutt here. Glad to be a member from Albuquerque, NM.

Comment

I need help with my Vizio tv. I know a little about electronics, but not much.
                RJE

Comment

Hi All
                  Practicing electrical engineer from the Boston area trying to learn more about commercial computer board design - I work in the defense industry. Specifically trying to get my personal computer up and running so hoping this forum can provide some of the info I need.
                  -Jason

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I came across this forum while looking for help unlocking a Dell Bios password. I can see there is a LOT of good stuff on this site! I see myself getting lost on the forum reading posts and learning new things etc. I always enjoy a new challenge.
                    Michele

Comment

Yo, wassup. Jocko here.

Comment

Hi @ll,

I'm Ole, 42y, german, electronic technician engineer, working in a R&D for home smoke detectors for the last 12y's...
                        I was looking for some information to repair my Samsung TV...

and my first computer was back in 1982 a Commodore VIC-20 with Datasette

Comment

Hello all,

I
                          'm Mediatech and I'm pretty new to this forum. I've been working on all sorts of electronic gadgetry for many years. Mostly pro and commercial audiovisual stuff along with tons of computer equipment. I came across Badcaps as I was looking into possibly recapping some mobos. This looks like the perfect place... and fun too. Not sure why, but I really never considered recapping a motherboard until recently... oopsie?

I
                          have lots of browsing to do here! My first mobo recap will be for practice and I hope to post about it when I get around to doing that job. That give you guys some time to practice not laughing when you see my handiwork.

Thanks,

Greg... Aka mediatech

Comment

Hello friends, hope to finde some info and howto's for my usual problems

Comment

hi
                              my name is anil yadav.
                              i am from dhariwal distt gurdaspur punab.143519 india.
                              and i have a shop the shop name is Yadav Tech Solution.
                              and i have done 6months course from hi-tech institiute and i had worked at a shop nehru place india for 2 years

Comment

Hi all im Ken from the Uk , I want to get more involved in electronics and this site seems to have a good community and people with good knowledge.Thanks

Comment

Hi ,my name is Milorad and i am from Serbia, I successfully repaired my lcd monitor thanks to this forum.So thanks again for great information on electronic repair.

Comment

Hi! Looks like a great board here, lots of wisdom and all. Am looking forward to looking through the forums to see what I can find out about things I can POOGE or restore.

BTW--old caps going flaky/bad is hardly new....somewhere I have the RADIO NEWS magazine for January 1940, in which there is an article about how to restore dried-out Mershon electrolytic caps that Philco used in a number of their AC-powered sets in the 1930s....

Comment

Hi guys, just a tinkerer here, and loads to learn thx :-)

Comment

Hi, trying to figure out whats wrong with my TV.

Comment

Hello my names Mike Shelton Iam journeyman ironworker by trade got into working on tvs just as hobby not very knowledgeable in electronics but I catch on pretty quick with all that I do just want to drop a line and say thanks for adding me to this forum

Comment

Working...
                                          X