• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hii

Comment

HI! I'm 25 and petty nooby to all this, but just want to learn. Nice to meet everyone

Comment

Just a quick hi

Comment

Hi I'm from the uk, i have always had an interest in taking things apart to see how they work. I have a small computer repair company and work as a courier for extra money.
          I have a massive interest in learning more electronic repair and spend as much time as I can watching repair videos to gain knowledge.
          Repairs with schematics are much easier but would like to learn more without the use of them. I think places like this will help.
          I just want to get stuck in and fix stuff!!

I also do some programming and web work but electronics I hope are my future.
          (First computer was a zx spectrum)

All the best, J

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I've just started to get into electronics. I've been watching many, many YouTube videos posted but by Rich on the Learn Electronics Repair channel. He mentioned that this forum was an excellent place to get electronic questions answered. I have many being a newbie, so hopefully you guys will be able to help me along my way to a better understanding of electrons.

Best regards

Peter

Comment

Hi all! It's my first message in thread!

Comment

Hello BandGap family
                My name is Raimund. Since 1957 I have been involved in radio engineering and electronics. Computer technology started in 1979 with Apple2, and today 76 years old I work in Repair-Cafe's to help people to use their devices and computers. The devices from the electronic waste find new users, who cannot afford expensive devices. This is my passion. Thanks for reading.

Comment

Hi! I'm David from Poland. I work in IT and still learning in terms of servicing computers. Time has come for doing stuff related to BIOS, so I found this forum, which seems helpful
                  Hope to be able to help others too!

Comment

Hi there, my name is jakob. I'm repairing Apple products over 15 years but not mainboards. Some weeks ago I started to repair damaged MacBooks and found this forum here �� In future I hope help other beginners too

Comment

Hello from Ohio - I'm looking forward to learning more about circuit board repair. I'm a drummer looking to buy inexpensive used audio equipment, usually in need of repair for my music production studio in my man cave. Thanks for the help in advance!

Comment

Hello Hello
                        Thomas from Sydney Aus 38, Interested in hobby electronics repair, love to tinker. Tired of buying tech items only to see them fail in a few years. Too many projects to list. Currently attempting to repair a Technic sx-pr600 Piano, EVGA 650 psu and a 1070 ti GPU. Lack of knowledge and and item information are holding me back. The magic of the internet brings me here. Hope to learn and help where I can.

Comment

hi im nebur from malaysia, im new to computers and have joined this to learn and work on computers of my own.

Comment

Not that any of forum's old hands ever enters here, but gotta say hello
                            Came here to gain some knowledge about fixing other peeps memory about forgotten bios passwords and hope I'll find useful infos here.

Comment

Hi thrre my names jay from ny just really sinking my teeth into this trade wish me
                              Luck mostly work om phones and laptops

Comment

Hello from an electronic enthousiast,

Name BenoƮt (1969) and I live in Belgium (native french speaker).
                                IT support/analyst-programmer, mechanics, astronomy, music (bass player).

Electronic background : I liked watching my brother do some electronic stuff a long while ago when I was a teenager :-)

I'd like to be able to repair basic electronics such as PC power supply, daily used devices, understand how all those things work and repair them if I can and, as electronics devices overrun everybody's live, it is good idea to understand how they work.

See you soon.

Comment

Hello,

My background: Mechatronics HTL, BsC Computer Science, ongoing Master Embedded Systems.

I like to tinker with devices and do component and firmware level repairs if possible.
                                  Mainly programming in C & Rust, lots of Bash Scripting, with several excursions to other languages and tools.

One of my greater archivements im proud of is to replace a worn-out flash chip on a lenovo p52s which fell victim to the thunderbolt flash wear out bug. After replacement and re-flashing of mentioned chip, i got a working device again!

I stumpled upon this forum in search for information regarding my current project, a lenovo yoga 370 which seems to not boot at all (consumes 9 to 11W when attempting to power on, keyboard backlight and cpu fan turning on for a few seconds, then off again).

Nice greetings to all the community here!

Comment

Good afternoon
                                    Name Jamoh all the way from Nairobi am electronic technician

Comment

Hi I'm from uk
                                      Industrial electrician with an interest in computing and electronic board repair
                                      All these YouTube vids has peaked my interest to delve in more

Comment

Hello, my name is Johan. Im a IT Software Developer and i got a degree in engineering. Im also from germany.

Comment

Hi everyone I'm from the most dangerous city's of the world XD I really love this forum it so helpful I'm starting in electronics

Comment

Working...
                                          X