This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hi everyone i'm new around here and i would like if someone showed me around here

Comment

Hi
      I have I Intel nuc D34010WYB with bad power mosfet looking for help in this forum

Comment

Hi,
        My name is Adam,
        I am looking for information about electronics and components.

Sorry for my bad english, i am from Spain.
        But I will strive

Comment

Hi, I'm Chris.
          I found this forum looking for information to repair a display exhibiting weird (from my point of view) behaviour.

Comment

Hello !

I'm a fellow french electronics repair man.
            I often used your forums for schematics and boardviews !

Keep up the good work !

Comment

Hello. o/

I am new to forums in general except for reddit.
              I don't really know how they work or proper educate.
              I am a small type technician that has recently starting fixing mortherboards.
              I have soldered in the past with HDMI ports on game consoles, charging ports on iPads and DC jacks on laptops.
              I just recently discovered my first real repair on a MSI gaming laptop, identified a shorted mosfet and I'm trying to expand.
              I don't know how to create a post and I am looking for someone who can help me with my newest problem. I have a motherboard I would like to request some help on. How do I format the request properly?

Any and all help is much appreciated!

Comment

hiya I am new here
                I am an engineer and found a new hobby repairing laptops and finding joy in it
                I am also a video game enthusiast
                Watch dogs all the way )

Comment

Hi guys, just joined your lovely community. I found this place when I was searching for board drawings for laptops.

Hope to have some fun here as well as learn more about computer electronics and sharpen my electronics skills.

Comment

Hello, I'm Sirnoish and I want to learn a little about this world of repairs, my first patient is an hp z440

Comment

Hi, I'm from Italy and I'd like to learn more about laptop repairs.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello,

I'm a professional electronics repair tech that focuses on pro audio gear in my "free" time and industrial building automation systems for my day job.

I'm in Louisville, Kentucky.

I've joined a few forums over the years, but I've yet to find one that was truly great. I came across a thread on this site that blew me away with how knowledgable everyone - including the OP - was. I'm looking forward to being involved.

Comment

I'm happy to be here my name gamma72.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Howdy,

As the handle indicates, I've been at this game a while. As in my first project's breadboard used real wood, screws, and Fahnestock clips. Back in the day when debugging a circuit meant poking your galena crystal in a different spot. Vacuum tubes? What, were you born with a rich daddy?

My first computer was built by wire-wrapping the RCA 1802 CPU to a few other ICs. I programmed it in machine code with toggle switches. Back then it was understood that "core memory" was a reference to a maze of wires and tiny ferrite rings acting like transformer cores. I couldn't afford a surplus minicomputer memory board however so I had to make do with one of those newfangled CMOS memory chips and a battery. As my hands kept cramping up I developed my first real program for the 1802: a custom monitor (the ancient ancestor of today's BIOS programs). Getting a hand-wired circuit to accept hexpad input and drive a surplus calculator LED display, now that was programming! Putting my code into a 1702 EEPROM made me feel like I was ready for a job at RCA.

So yeah, pretty old.

My computer expertise has (somewhat) progressed with the times, but I haven't worked professionally in electronics since the 80s so there may be gaps in my knowledge. Hopefully this forum will teach me a few things. I've noticed over the years that diagnosing a problem is harder when you can't count on flames and smoke to provide a clue.

Comment

Hello from Finland!

Comment

Hello from california. Having issues with my t480! its no longer booting after using the lenovo auto patcher!

Comment

Greetings from Munich, Germany -

I like that international board

Spider

Comment

Hello,
                                        I'm visiting Badcaps for a long time as a guest only. Now it is time to register .

Comment

Hello,
                                          I'm 27year old from Latvia. I have been repairing various electrical thing for at least decade.
                                          Also have made things with small microcontrollers as Arduino, but never have advanced to these 32bit systems

Comment

Working...
                                          X