This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I'm glad I found this forum -- I am looking to repair a 1990s-era stereo receiver that *may* have a bad cap issue (not sure) and look forward to hearing what the experts here have to say about it.

Comment

Hello everyone,

My name is Klaas Troost and I live in the Netherlands, and I like to repair electronic devices for free for friends and family. Most of my information I find on YouTube and one of the guys (AdamAntIT) I am following guided me to this forum.

On this moment I'm trying to repair an old Dell Vosto Laptop and I downloaded a schematic from this forum. Now I hope I can find the error and repair it.

Comment

Happy New Year everybody! Just joined the community and would like to say hello. I am a 58 year old Swedish electrical engineer who likes to tinker with electronics, computers, 3D printing and home automation. When not behind my workbench I am an ultrarunner and an airline executive. I intend to learn a lot from this forum and hopefully be able to contribute some knowledge as well.

Comment

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I'm trying to learn more about electronics repair, especially as it relates to newer TVs. My current topic of interest, and what lead me to this forum, it that of the dangers of different sized capacitors, and how to render them safe. I'd imagine there's already a thread for this, so I'll search for it, but if anyone has any quick guidelines, advice or a link to a good thread I'd be much obliged. Thank you in advance!

Comment

Hello ti everyone

Comment

Hello.I am a new member.I am from Serbia.I wish I could get to know a colleague more so that I could exchange experiences from servicing TV sets.
              Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-03-2023, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Hello guys, I'm from hungary. My hobby is to repair electronics. I'm glad I found this forum.

Comment

Hello everyone, happy new year. I'm new here and learning to repair apple computer. many useful information I found here.

Comment

hi,

i'm from indonesia nice to meet you all....

Comment

Hi all,

New user of the forum here.
                      I am based in the UK and I do electronics as a hobby.
                      I hope to learn from people's discussions here and to return the favor someday.

Comment

Hello everyone!
                        Repairing an electronics is my hobby. This website is very helpful in getting answers how to fix electronics and get schematics. Thank all of you who share your time and knowledge to help guys like me.

Comment

Hello, I am a new member of the forum.

Comment

Hello everyone.
                            I have the pleasure of working on telecommunications networks. I specialize in optical fiber connections.
                            I'm interested in old audio technology. Repairing and bringing old hifi back to life.

Comment

Moin Leute.

That basically means "hello everyone" in german. Thats where I live at the moment.
                              I studied computer science and am currently working as an software developer.
                              To tie on the first posts, although not as impressive: my first PC was a Pentium 4 with 512 MB of RAM. Hardware sure got a little faster till then.
                              Probably lots and lots of cool stuff burried in this forum. Lets see what new things I can learn here.

I read the posts on the first page until I got to the bottom and saw the >1000 pages. Then I skipped reading the remaining posts and intstead am writing this little reply.

I hope you have a nice day. See ya in the depths of some threads.

Comment

Hello,

I'm here in support of my quest to learn how to fix all of my old crap (mainly vintage PCs and 1970s stereos). If I accidentally have some fun along the way that's fine too.

Eddie

Comment

Hi, need some help PLEASE.

Comment

I'm new to the forum. I'm trying to learn about electronics repair, especially as it relates to Dest Top PC and Laptop

Comment

Hello, Thinkpad bios modding led me to discover the forum. My first was whitelist removal for adding an atheros wifi card to a T41 for running *nix and that got me hooked.

Comment

Hi, I have 2 identical Delonghi ECAM23.450.S full auto coffee makers that both worked fine and then suddenly won’t power up (fuses are fine) and a Yamaha Z7 Receiver that worked fine and now trips out possibly due to an internal short from a bad Cap? Here to see if there is any precedence for their repair or guru’s that can provide direction to diagnose.

Comment

hello guys, thanks for this forum!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X