This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello. My name is Slavomír, I am from Slovakia and I love computers, electronics and I am very happy when I fix something. Good Luck

Comment

Hi everyone!
      I'm Dominik from Poland, since 8 years working in industry like a electronic in maintenance department, im looking on this forum for new skills, i love fresh and newest electronic especially computers and advanced industry controllers
      Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Comment

Hello. My name is Ronald, I am from Lithuania and I like computers, electronics also I like improve my skills.

Comment

hello everyone

i'm dede, i'm come from indonesian
          i'm born at 1997, i'm become a electronics technician
          i'm realy newbie at this job, many i must learn, so i hope all of you can help me

thanks

Comment

Hello - I'm John, a software developer and electronics enthusiast in sunny southern California.

Comment

Hello all, my name is Chavis. I'm trying to learn all about gpu and motherboard repair, I was referred to this website. Looking forward to working with you all.

Comment

I'm a TC Top Cat so this may be my first post but it ain't my first rodeo.. Thank you and have a great day..

Comment

Hello, my name is Michael
                  Thank you and have a great day..

Comment

Hello. My name is Mohamed, I am from Egypt and I am very happy To Join This Community

Comment

Hello!
                      My name is Ion from Moldova, 19 years old. Studying Computer Science.

Looking forward to meet you all!

Comment

Bonjour, moi c'est Christian je viens du cameroun et je passionné d électronique particulièrement des téléphones et ordinateurs. Merci de m accueillir dans se forum.

Comment

Hello
                          i'm Hichem, i'm new in the forum.
                          i really found it very nice and helpful.
                          i'm a devops engineer and i like makind hardware solutions it's so amazing.
                          it's a honor for me to be here and profit from your experience. if i can help i will never hesitate. Thankyou

Comment

Hello Everyone,

i am very new here i am here to learn about Bios Flashing programming because of some unwanted problems which resulted from doing things whithout proper research i hope to learn here something because i got realy interested in this.

Here my Story I have an Lenovo Thinkpad T495s Type 20QK Here my Specs
                            Processor
                            1x AMD Ryzenâ„¢ 5 PRO 3500U Processor(Ryzenâ„¢ 5 PRO 3500U)
                            Memory
                            1x 8GB DDR4 2666
                            Operating System
                            Windows 10 Pro 64(EN:English,FR:French,IT:Italian,DE:German,NL:Netherlands Dutch)
                            Hard Drive
                            1x 256PCIeNVMeOPAL
                            Wireless Network
                            1x Bluetooth® 5.0 or above; Intel® Wireless-AC 9260 2x2 AC
                            Ports
                            1x 1 USB 3.1 Gen1(Type A); 1 USB 3.1 Gen2(Type A); USB-C (DP 1.4
                            USB 3.1 Gen2
                            PD
                            Power-in); HDMI 2.0; Ethernet by dongle; Headphone & Microphone combo Jack; Headphone & Microphone combo Jack; Micro SD Card Reader; 1x Mech Docking Port (CS18) (side docking)
                            Camera
                            1x IR&HD with Array Microphone & ThinkShutter
                            Graphics
                            1x AMD Radeonâ„¢ Vega 8 Graphics
                            Monitor
                            14.0 FHD
                            where i have forgotten the Bios Password after locating the Bios Chip and getting the exact Model Winbond W25Q128FV i tried to short the Bios Chip after reading the Manual and locating the the SCL and SDA Pins. And after shorting them i got the screen Bios Self Healing and and now after a restart Laptop has a Blackscreen and a Lenovo Beep Sound i forgot to remove the CMOS Battery hemhem.... yeah now i got my ch341a mini with soic8 test clip from Amazon and i am Trying to read through the guides here i am thankful for finding such a Forum with detailed Information and Hope to get Help if i get stuck in any form but so that i can learn from it Solutions without Work cant help Anyone.

Thanks In Advance for being Part of This Community

Comment

Hi I'm from Canada.
                              i'm a Pc repair tech planning to get in to component level repair.
                              Looking forward to absorbing a lot from the forum.

Comment

Looks like a big forum.

so anyway I'm a tech newbie. aint much else to add really.
                                Last edited by piernov; 01-02-2023, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Hello everyone
                                  I just registered seeking some help from this great community, encountered the forum on some old post on another forum and this place seems cool and with lots of knowledge. I love PC parts and would love to know more about them!

Comment

Hi, Iam just a poor little frenchys, with the same hobby. I hope we can shared experience.

Comment

I have been working on component level repair since the early 70s. I am also a software developer and can train others. While friends had other computers, I had to DESIGN and BUILD my own 2K card to expand my memory to a whopping 4K of static RAM. It worked and I could write larger programs and games.

Now, I use Windows, Mac and Linux systems -- there are 3 laptops running on my desk with a 24" iMac looming in the background.

Found this site because I need to repair Macbooks and they have their quirks.

I simply wanted to buy an older FULLY working laptop that was fairly modern on ebay -- I had several "white" Macbooks with bad batteries, but they seem so ancient, even when compared with my Windows DuoCore.

I found some reasonable models and decided to get them on ebay. So far,
                                      it has taken 5 different laptops to NOT get there -- all weren't tested and each needed some repair -- this required returns and refunds. Many of these issues existed since they were first sold (bad DVD drives).

So , for the 6th one, I decided to get one that wasn't fully working, but was recently working for the previous owner.

I now know more about Firewire 800 and Thunderbolt 1 than a did a few months ago (and have hard drives compatible with those interfaces).

Thanks for existing. It should be interesting. At least there is someone out there I can talk to that understands something about electronics -- my friends can only use the technology and not be able to discuss repair.

Comment

Thank you all, I'm new and I hope to learn a lot in this forum

Comment

Hi Everyone!, my name is Philip Charles from Sri Lanka, and I'm happy to be as a member in the badcaps.net family. I'm a beginner in computer motherboard repairs and wish to learn more in board repairs related to computers and with this intention I joined this forum. Let's go together to achieve our goals. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                          X