This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello All-glad I found this forum to expand knowledge for those that seek it. I did a lot of board level repair and troubleshooting in college about 20 years ago but definitely need to bring those stills up to current standards-Hence I am here to learn and to help others if i can.

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello Everybody.

Comment

Hi Everyone.
          I once replaced over 10,000 bad caps in a 72 channel Neve audio console.
          Fun times!

Comment

Hi. I'm Steve. I'm a retired systems administrator, with background as electronics tech. I mess with old computers (Altair 8800b) and tube radios.

I came here from a web search looking for info on the three Late 2011 17" MacBook Pros I have that don't power up. I have the schematic for 820-2914-B motherboards, but the only boardview I've been able to find so far is for the 820-2914-A version, which is significantly different in the power section. If anybody sees this and can point me to the -B version, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
            Steve

Comment

Hello for everyone

Comment

Hello everyone - I’m Richard from New Zealand

Just been getting started in microsoldering - and got an old compaq evo small form factor pc with some rather dodgy caps on it. Looking to fix it up so it will a nice Windows 98 retro gaming pc

Comment

Hey, i am a new German Member. Actually i learn how to Repair on Chip level base. And really thank you, for your free informations!!

Greeting Pygo

Comment

Hi, I’m Tommy, the old guy on here (67)…lol. Have done electronic design and service work most of my career. Found this site searching for information on a definitive sub 60 that’s blowing fuses. Site looks like a great resource! Hope to learn and help out where I can. Have a good day all!

Comment

Hello, trying to make a post about my dead motherboard!

Comment

Greetings everyone!

Comment

Hello Everybody.

Comment

Kinda a fossil. College degree in 76 and 78 radio tv and telecommunications. Computer training in Toronto 1980. Mainly worked on big frames,preventive maintenance and service. Specilaized in home electronics and satellite. Have seen most of everything.

Comment

Hello , i'm from romania , i repair laptop , mobile phone , and more .. 25 year experience ..

Comment

hello everyone, i'm akila from Malaysia. nice to be here

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm from Italy. Nice to be here.

Comment

Hey y'all!

This is Yo Momma way down here in Caddo Parish, Louisiana.

Looks like y'all got all the experience I'm lacking, so I'm pretty stoked by getting access to such depth and breadth of rubber meets the road discussions!

Happy Sunday!

Comment

Hello. Finally registered after prior visits via Google search. Right to Repair, Schematics or Die, rah-rah-rah...

Comment

Hello all together

I am new here.
                                        Professionally I dont repair or install technicals.
                                        But in my life I have repaired a lot of cars, some electrical devices like washing machine and other, electrics like electrical illumination, switches and sockets. Also I have repaired and installed water supply in kitchen and bathroom.

Now I visit good friends and they have this notebook:

Acer Aspire E5-571G (0867 V1.09)
                                        Mainboard: Z5WAH LA-B162P Rev. 1.0
                                        DVD-Device: Panasonic Model No.: UJ8E20

Unfortunately the BIOS cannot find the DVD-Device (ATAPI: None) and I cannot find how I can change the settings to make the DVD can work, also in Windows.

Can you help me / my friends please?

I wish you all health and a good new week.

Comment

not a tech guy at all, just fiddle.
                                          I am actually in construction, PM for a San Diego firm.
                                          I have also owned a hi end bicycle shop here for over 20 years.
                                          I hate things that go bust for no reason, the first Vizio with the black death was 10 years ago and I found online a simple repair replacing one small capactitor, the tv worked for another 5 years.
                                          My name is hank montrose

Comment

Working...
                                          X