This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey everyone. Name's Liam. I run a little shop in a wide spot in the road called Dandridge TN. I do my best to fix all sorts of electronics goodies my customers drag in, from PCs and TVs to PAs and guitar amps. If it plugs in or uses batteries and has at least one shiny light, I'll take a stab at repairing it. Sometimes, though, I stumble across stuff that makes me scratch my head and go "HUH?" So, I'm here to expand my knowledge and get some help with the toughies.

Comment

Hello,

new here. Sometimes I need to repair some stuff, so any advice is always welcome and this forum seems to be friendly.

Comment

Hi. New here, and very interested as this does seem the best place to find useful information about TVs, specially plasmas.

Comment

Hi, my name is stan, just started messing with computers approximately 2 years ago. Have been a tinkerer all my life. Ex-lumberjack from NW Wisconsin USA, 57 years old. All of my computers are outdated, newest from 2007. All were hand me downs or junked for various reasons. I have about 30 or so right now, majority of them are working although some are ancient like one that had Windows 95 on it. Also have an old Mac that I think only runs floppies(not sure didn't bring it home yet). As a general rule I switch to Linux, some I dual boot. Getting into the hardware side now because I enjoy making something old work again. Got some monitors and psu's with bad caps and various other illss.

Comment

HI all
            I am Karim from italy Electoronic Technician had my store in italy repair Mobile & Laptop. for any question about mobile ask you welcome.

thanks and nice forum

Comment

Hello everyone,

I'm from Portugal, I have computer training and I do some repairs on PCs. I want to learn more about electronics repairs.

Thanks and best regards.

Comment

Hi, posting because I have to!

I'm just a dude trying to fix a TV and generally wanting to become a very fix-y type of person.

Comment

Hello Members:
                  I am a retired construction electrician with a two year electronic degree in 1992. If you don't use it you lose it. I'm here for knowledge and guidence. I hope to gain information to repair various devices. I have a electronic bench set up in the man cave and hope to play around - solving my electronic needs.

Comment

Hello my name is, Chris.

I have basic knowledge with PC's and TV's. I have built most my PC's and used to work part time in a PC repair shop with no pay just to learn but it wasn't long lasted as the owners didn't rally have time to educate me.

Always been fascinated with repairing things and take great satisfaction when i succeed in repairing an item.

I just want to become my self sufficient really in testing and repairing computers and TV's.

This forum seemed really friendly and full of experienced people so here i am

Comment

Hi there, I'm supposed to post here first.

Comment

Hi i'm Cwolford I got associate degree in applied science, working on computers. Replacing hardware, software, etc. I am working on an bachelor degree in electrical engineering as the term field replaceable unit grinds my gears and I love fixing things from cars to PC motherboards. I have some experience with electrical components but not a lot. I have only had a few electrical classes, just been doing core stuff. ATM im not in school I now have a 2 yr old.
                        here with a new project, hoping to learn some stuff to.

Comment

Hey I'm new here and my screen is going craaaaazy!!

Comment

Im a CIS student that loves working on electronics. I get broken things (and working) from people on facebook, from relatives and friends, and form dumpsters or the dump! I have worked on likely over 100 computer systems, and over 10 TVs so far.

Comment

im a amplifier repairer working electronic cricuts

The first circuit built
                              Electronic components tester
                              Attached Files

Comment

I have a query regarding a Samsung monitor that I'll post in a new thread, once cleared to do so!

Comment

Hi all, obviously new here, IT Pro / Tech Support / Helpdesk / Geek / Hobbyist. Done my fair share of reattaching and rewiring things. Building up the courage to repair and old but dear stereo system via repairing a junked laptop that a friend gave me that a repair place borked by mixing up U30 with PU30 and doing a really good job of ripping the pads of the board at the same time.

Comment

hello all

Comment

Hey guys,

A returning user here.
                                      Been registered for a while now, asked some questions around and well, went to my normal life.
                                      From Portugal, sys administrator that likes alot electronics, getting into board level repairs after checking some youtube videos from this Loius Rossman guy (great guy!). An expensive hobby like any other.

Hope to continue to grow my knowledge with the help of this well known and old yet full of talented people, forum.

Comment

Hello,

I really need your help on a problem that i have with my old plasma screen! So i hope some of you can help me!

thnx

Mark

Comment

Hello iam craig I am on here to try to figure out a vizio vp50 won't start

Comment

Working...
                                          X