X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KRK Rokit 5 Gen 1 pops fuses as soon as it's powered on

Originally posted by altavek View Post
    Big ups Budm!

The new rectifier has my monitor up and running like a champ! Guess it's time to get back to work…
    So did you replace the 4-diode treatment with a bridge rectifier?

The 4-diode treatment is typical with cheap PC PSUs...
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Hey there,

I'm trying to fix my Gen 2 that has the same fuse blowing problem.

First I've tested that the power supply and transformer (the first part that plugs into the circuit board) are working by testing that on another monitor.

Second I've tested the 4 bridged diodes and the upright rectifiers in circuit and they are giving seemingly OK readings of ~600 and nothing the other way.

Thirdly none of the capacitors seem to be bulging or fried or otherwise abnormal. Is there a way I can test them in circuit?

What should I test next? I also have a matching monitor with a broken and bypassed amplifier that I was hoping to use to somehow get 1 working monitor out of the 2 broken ones!

Thanks!

Comment

I took a second look last night and retested all the diodes. One of the upright rectifiers was in fact broken so I just replaced it with the one in my other monitor and voila it's working great now!

Comment

There ya go, then
          Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Comment

Working...
          X