Corsair SP2500 parts information required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Corsair SP2500 parts information required

Have the same problem, BIG shortcut somwhere, where was yours ?

Comment

Originally posted by ouroboros View Post
      Could you measure the resistance between positive and negative of connector CN101 for me? it's on the amplifier board...
      Originally posted by ouroboros View Post
      nevermind the above, found the short that caused the problem and got it working.
      Sorry for the late reply, little busy at the moment (more repairs coming in again). Have not gone back to the speaker yet (although all the parts ordered have arrived). Mind enlightening us on the shorted part/component found?

Comment

Originally posted by laggen View Post
        Have the same problem, BIG shortcut somwhere, where was yours ?
        It was on a side of smd cap near one of the amplifier chips (backside of the board).

Comment

Hey could any of you tell me the value of R293 mines completely blackened, also if any one has the part number for the unlabelled 8 pin IC on the SMD side that'd be awesome.

Comment

Couldn't find R293 on board.
            R930 def 10K.Mine has taken out R921 and R922 and R930 if anyone has the values of R921 and R922.Also C934 has blown and R not sure what number but next to C967
            on the top side which is second one along from IC.
            Audio board looks fine.Last Corsair product I ever buy
            Smiffy

Comment

Hi everyone.
              My Sp2500's PSU partially died.
              the small part that powers the pod is working.
              But the part tha powers the amps is dead. ( 3 blowed caps, 2 or 3 dead resistances.)
              Since i don't have the equipment required to repair it, i think that i'll buy another PSU in parallel. But I don't know the voltage of the 4 pin. there is 3 inscriprions next to it : VCC GND and CN904.
              Thanks a lot,
              Nicolas

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolasdu28 View Post
                Hi everyone.
                My Sp2500's PSU partially died.
                the small part that powers the pod is working.
                But the part tha powers the amps is dead. ( 3 blowed caps, 2 or 3 dead resistances.)
                Since i don't have the equipment required to repair it, i think that i'll buy another PSU in parallel. But I don't know the voltage of the 4 pin. there is 3 inscriprions next to it : VCC GND and CN904.
                Thanks a lot,
                Nicolas
                I can tell you that VCC is supposed to be +27V

Cheers

Comment

I've had the PSU board of a Corsair SP2500 handed to me for repair. The 3843GM-E1 has died with one of the legs (pin 3) having had the track lift from the heat of the failure, along with three resistors (two large, one small) that died on the other side of the board.

From looking at photos of other SP2500 boards in various stages of death, I have worked out that the possible values for the two large resistors are 0.22 Ohm and 56 Ohm, with the two smaller resistors being rated at 1k Ohm and 220k Ohm.

Can someone please confirm these values, along with providing possible sources for the 3843GM-E1?

This design of PSU by Corsair doesn't appear to be up to the job. I've seen lots of boards with exactly the same failures and the lack of an earth pin on the Euro socket worries me. it's either bad design or poor components (or both).

Comment

uc3843 should be at farnell
                    not sure what the gm-e1 means

Comment

The chip has GM marked on it after the 3843. The -E1 was added by some Google searches. It's the right current mode PWM controller though.

On this board, it's the current sense line to pin 3 that has fried and taken the chip with it. What is bothering me now is what caused the current surge, that fried the track?

Comment

maybe the chip shorted.
                        any time one of the 384x series dies btw, replace the related startup and smoothing caps.
                        a lot of the older controllers like 3842/3 and TOP series can blow if the startup fails from poor caps.

Comment

Thanks, will do.

Comment

Hi All.

I have problem with Corsair SP2500, some part burned, can someone help to indentity R919 ? and I need schematics for this model.

Thanks advance

Comment

Working...
                            X