Jackcon Replaces Bad Capacitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jackcon Replaces Bad Capacitors

I contacted Jackcon about 5 months ago concerning the hundreds of their bad capacitors I've pulled out of many VP6's and some other boards that were bad, and they gave me the runaround making up all kinds of excuses as to why the failure was not their fault and there was nothing they could do.... After a month or so of debating with them they said send in the bad ones you have and we'll look into it. They indicated that they would not be able to replace a large quantity of them, as I told them I had over 1000 in a ziplock bag, about 1/3 being Jackcon... I figured the shipping to Taiwan wouldn't be worth the small quantity they might send, so I just forgot about it and went on my way...

On Wednesday, December 3th, I went out to my mailbox and there was a big fat envelope stuffed in there.... I looked at the return address from Jackcon Capacitor Electronics Co., LTD. in Taiwan... WHOA!! They sent me 600 capacitors of various values and sizes!! Including a couple bags of those hard-to-find 8mm caps... Needless to say I was speechless, not expecting to ever hear from them again!!

I haven't used any of them yet, but I'll try some of them in a few of my spare boards and see how they do... I emailed Jackcon to extend my thanks for what they sent, and also asked if the electrolyte problem was fixed. Jackcon indicated that these caps are using an 'updated electrolyte formula' and will not have the problems that previous capacitors had.

All the same, I was stunned by what they sent!! I still have not even sent them the bad ones, but rather only a picture I took of a pile of dead caps, which I emailed to them.

If your board has bad caps marked Jackcon, you might try to contact them for some replacement caps if you don't have a lot of cash to spend. If you need one motherboards' worth, they will probably be very quick about it. I had a ton of bad ones, and I know they weren't happy about replacing them, but they did say that small quantities were no problem to replace. Their communications were surprising fast and friendly, although, it took me 5 months to get the replacements. It might be much faster for a small amount... Anyway, their website is http://www.jackcon.com.tw if you wanted to give them a try.

Update:
    I have taken a few from each package and tested them with my Sencore LC102 capacitor analyzer, and they're all reading their values perfectly, and under load, they're functioning perfectly. I even overloaded some of the 6.3v caps with 25 v, and they held solid. I have a test system which I will install some in for long-term testing.

Good Luck!
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

they would have heart failure if they had to replace what i just dumped.
    had 5 5 gallon buckets over here i set on the curb last week.
    they were stinking up my shop.
    friends that know the stench of death having had mobo failure due to bad caps started smelling them .
    i guess i got immune to it.
    i have several hundred on the bench.
    i will give it a try.

Comment

I only kept the ziplock bad to use as examples. The rest get thrown away upon removal... Had I kept them all, hell knows how many i'd have acquired...

I was just amazed that Jackcon made good on them. I told them I only had a couple hundred bad Jackcons, and they send me 600. I might try a couple other manufacturers....
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
      http://folding.stanford.edu/
      Team : 49813
      Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

Working...
      X