Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OMG ! .. Asus Using Non Japan Solid Caps ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG ! .. Asus Using Non Japan Solid Caps ??

Hey guys..

I heard that Asustek using Non-Japan Solid Caps around Mobo... I read it on Tom's Hardware site...
    and the EPU is not working LOL ! ..
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/asus-g...ews-28229.html
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Per Hansson; 11-05-2017, 01:34 AM. Reason: Offsite image uploaded

Re: OMG ! .. Asus Using Non Japan Solid Caps ??

ouch
    wonder what asus did to them, to receive this?
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

they hanged out with gigabyte...hehe...

Comment

Gigabyte is slamming Asus for using cheap caps?

Cat
        Kettle
        Black

Mann-Made Global Warming.
        - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

I meant:

Pot
          Kettle
          Black

I didn't notice this in the 2 minutes that's supposed to be 10 so chose another post over writing an email to the administrator to ask permission to correct my own typo.
          -
          Of course if the administrator ~enjoys~ spending time correcting stupid typos next time I'll send the email.

Mann-Made Global Warming.
          - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
          -
          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
          -

Comment

the whole thing continues:

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/37500/118/
            "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

Comment

You know, I've not been using Asus motherboards recently. The last one I used was an M2N-E. It had this stupid little block over the chipset with a heatpipe coming out of it. That sucker gets hot! So hot, that it was unstable at stock speeds. I used Arctic Silver thermal adhesive and glued a heatsink and fan on top of it, after removing the cover that Asus had placed on it. That fixed it so it was at least stable. Still doesn't overclock much at all though.

People (and motherboard companies apparently) think heatpipes are the cure to all their component cooling needs. When done properly, they can help. But all that heat has to be dissipated somewhere! It still all comes down to the size of the heatsink and amount of air moved over it. Heatpipes can help move it around a bit, but on a motherboard I think it's more about the bling.

This is why it's no surprise that they're now using bad caps. I agree with Pcbonez though. Pot. Kettle. Black. I had a Gigabyte GA-M68SM-S2 that worked once. It booted up, installed the OS and everything. Shut it down, turn it back on and nothing. Wouldn't POST. Resetting the BIOS helped nothing. Removing the battery, unplugging the PSU and leaving the CMOS reset jumper in the clear position overnight didn't help. It had TK brand caps.

That one got replaced with a Biostar TF7025-M2. Now I know they use OST, but they do use quality caps on the VRM. Oddly enough, I haven't had any problem with the recent Biostar motherboards (even their non-Tforce series). They all just bolt in and work fine; most even overclock very well. I just wish they'd drop the OST's for something better. I have noticed that they tend to be slower to market with a particular type of motherboard than the major manufacturers. I see that as a good thing; they're working the bugs out!
              A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.

Comment

Originally posted by wan901
                Hey guys..

I heard that Asustek using Non-Japan Solid Caps around Mobo... I read it on Tom's Hardware site... [/IMG] and the EPU is not working LOL ! .. http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/asus-g...ews-28229.html
                too bad the pics are not clear enough to id the burst caps.
                i doubt those are polys anyway.
                sacon fz?
                Last edited by Per Hansson; 11-05-2017, 01:35 AM. Reason: Offsite image uploaded

Comment

I pulled the P5K-SE board out of it's box to see if it looked similar too the blurry pics. The Symbol in the upper LH corner of some the caps looks identical.

Like this:

Comment

ASUS Responds Angrily To Gigabyte
                    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/asu...oard,5403.html

(From the middle of the article)

I would recommend everyone to have a look on Asus P5K SE/EPU on Asus website. At least 3 capacitors are not Japan Japan-made conductive capacitors.

But the link is broken (the 'h' is missing):

ttp://www.asus.com/999/images/products/2067/2067_l.jpg

It's a picture of the board i bought.

Comment

remember this thread?
                      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4613

turned out to be Elite (a Thai company). Not too bad IMHO.

another observation: judging by the wimpy HSF and the layout (and the PCB color) in picture # 2 and 3, that device seems to be rather than an older VGA card than a MB.
                      can't tell how how old it is, but I'd say something between 3-4 and 6 years (the first BGA ram chips were used in ~2002).
                      not really surprising to see bad caps there.

I can't say much about recent Asus boards (except that they're way overpriced). my last one was a P2B.
                      I've always been a bit skeptical towards Gigabyte stuff, but it looks like they've improved a lot. I can imagine that Asus has lost lots of customers to Gigabyte in the last 1 or 2 years.... no wonder they're pissed.
                      "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

Comment

heres the opposite, only 4 are japanese, the red fujitsu (F logo mentioned above) and some tiny ones

where is the evidence those caps are elite?
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by willawake; 05-22-2008, 02:13 PM.

Comment

who said they're elite?

gb says they're not using all jap caps, but did asus ever say they're using all jap caps?

so no, nobody needs evidence caps that asus puts are elite, we need evidence to prove gb's claims that asus mobos are failing because of poor quality caps.
                          anybody has any evidence?
                          if no, there's no case.

this looks to me like gb publicity stunt.

ie asus' claim
                          "Uses 100% All High-quality Conductive Polymer Capacitors!"
                          is true untill proven otherwise....it cannot be false without solid evidence.

Comment

It's somewhat of a paradox that consumers have embraced buying their motherboards from Taiwan and China, but don't want the components to come from there.

Comment

We take what we can get. Show me a modern, currently in production being sold on Newegg motherboard that does not come from Taiwan / China.
                              A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.

Comment

Phenos got it right in the other thread; the ones pictured in the
                                Gigabyte presentation (and Asus boards) are not Elite, but APAQ (Taiwan).

(found an update on that capacitor database for poly caps; they're listed there, too: http://translate.google.at/translate...hl=de&ie=UTF-8 )

I think Asus mobo problems (not too many anyway) are more likely to be heat-related.

Comment

Originally posted by kikkoman
                                  (found an update on that capacitor database for poly caps; they're listed there, too: http://translate.google.at/translate...hl=de&ie=UTF-8 )

Thats good new for me then!

I pulled out the pocket 30x scope and took another look. My Asus P5K-SE board contains Fujitsu, Chemecon, and what i think are Matsuki caps.

Comment

my "elite" and willa's were not one and the same...

Comment

woah.... i founded that purples caps on APAQ's Website ... looks like it was Taiwainese Caps... ^_^ lol ---> http://www.apaq.com.tw/products/ap_conarec01_en.htm

Comment

Originally posted by i4004
                                        gb says they're not using all jap caps, but did asus ever say they're using all jap caps?
                                        i believe this is correct also

woah.... i founded that purples caps on APAQ's Website ... looks like it was Taiwainese Caps... ^_^ lol ---> http://www.apaq.com.tw/products/ap_conarec01_en.htm
                                        thanks for that

Comment

Working...
                                        X