No announcement yet.

Acer Aspire 6920g - lcd replacement very bright but works with external monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer Aspire 6920g - lcd replacement very bright but works with external monitor

Hi everyone,

I recently had an accident with my lcd screen.
    i sat on it while changing the motherboard, doh!
    now i got a replacement screen for it which when hooked up gives off a very bright glare, about 150%.
    the graphics card in the unit is a ati radeon hd 3650.

When i connect the laptop to an external monitor and switch using fn + f5 and back again the screen goes the rightshade of blue without the brightness.

however, when i reboot the brightness comes back.

any ideas on how to resolve this problem?

Re: Acer Aspire 6920g - lcd replacement very bright but works with external monitor

original lcd was ltn160at06-b01 and the replacement was a new ltn160ht-001

Comment

Re: Acer Aspire 6920g - lcd replacement very bright but works with external monitor

have you rechecked the ribbon connections

Comment

i purchased a new dual lcd replacement cable that fits the new lcd.
        but the lcd has another small connector as well
        i'm unsure what connects into that.

would that be the cause of the problem?

Comment

i have a spare screen from a dead 6920G, not sure if it is FHD or just 1600 version. I am not using it so I would be happy to sell it for you for a really low price (not ebay prices). Inverter and ribbon included. I think there is a webcam with mic as well. Do you any more details, if your screen is faulty? The screen is untested though. computer was totaly dead when i pulled it apart.

We live moderately close so shipping should not be a problem.
          Last edited by domas; 01-10-2014, 10:51 AM.

Comment

well, very strange but i got it to work this way.
            either by connecting it to an external monitor the screen returns to normal and blue or else
            by closing the lid and re-opening it does the screen return to normal.
            when i done detect on the screen in the catalyst control centre, it detected the lcd screen as unknown.
            so that is where the problem is?
            any ideas on how to detect the lcd screen?

Comment

any update from the community on this issue?

Comment

Working...
              X