Toshiba L300D imidiatly shuts off when cpu installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba L300D imidiatly shuts off when cpu installed

Hello this toshiba runs without cpu but when the cpu is installed when you turn it on 1 second it goes off completely all the lights go off, also the ac led and then it comes back but without cpu you can power it and it stays on. There is no NEC / tokin capacitor. What i did was reflow the northbridge and resolder the cpu power ic. I checked for shorts also but everything looks ok.

Re: Toshiba L300D imidiatly shuts off when cpu installed

try another CPU.
    Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

any prodlizer caps available? if yes, try to change that

Comment

I already changed cpu with 3 other ones, current drain goes about 1.30 amps but no picture - but mainboard stays on but i have the feeling the other cpus are not supported, only when the mainboard is working, with a working cpu then it goes off, i will try and flash the bios and see what happends, then i replace the capacitors around the cpu.

Comment

I flashed the bios and replaced the capacitors but the fault is still there, no changes. Never had this problem before. If anyone knows a way please let me know

Comment

check cpu pwrgood and cpu reset

Comment

its main problem with toshiba , but if the cpu broken then the motherboard will not turn on , try to install another one , with same specification , and if it donne work , then test the cpu circuit for a short ,

Comment

Originally posted by robrock1 View Post
                I flashed the bios and replaced the capacitors but the fault is still there, no changes. Never had this problem before. If anyone knows a way please let me know
                Check ohms at pwm (vcore_cpu) output.
                You should get more than one or two ohms, if zero ohms, replace cpu.

Comment

I replaced with many cpu's but it still does not work i had to return the laptop to the customer.

Comment

Originally posted by robrock1 View Post
                    I replaced with many cpu's but it still does not work i had to return the laptop to the customer.

try to reflow cpu socket, but if you never dun it before, don't do it, you're just gonna mess it up

Comment

Working...
                    X