Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer v5-573g got extremely slow after BIOS flash

Hello!
    I have acer v5-573g (i5-4200u, geforce 720m, 8gb ram).
    Couple of weeks ago I decided to modify a little bit BIOS configuration via EFI console (usb stick with efi boot with setup_var commands). So I bricked my laptop. Afterwards I disassembled it and desoldered BIOS chip (2MB one) and flashed it with usb programmer. There was no success and just after that I found that there is second BIOS chip, which is 4MB, so I disoldered it as well and flashed it as well.
    I was flashing BIOS from this thread: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=844418 (Aspire V5-573G bios needed). Archive contains 2 files, 2mb and 4mb.
    So basically I flashed both 4MB img -> 4MB chip and 2MB img -> 2MB chip.
    Now laptop boots but working extremely slow. BIOS POST is taking around 15 minutes, windows installing, only booting is taking around 10 minutes etc.

Maybe there is something that I am missing or should do? I've tried to flash original BIOS from acer website from usb flash and both BIOSes were ok, they are ZRQ.fd (4.4MB size). But no success, laptop is extremely slow. So I dont know what exactly should I do anymore.

Is there any way to fix it without desoldering chips again and even if I will desolder them what should I put on them ,since this BIOS that I've downloaded is only one that I was able to find.
    Any help?

Re: Acer v5-573g got extremely slow after BIOS flash

Post your original bios backups ,if you made any .
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
      Post your original bios backups ,if you made any .
      Haven't made any... I flashed directly those 2 images (from other thread) over.

Comment

Originally posted by HisInfernal View Post
        Haven't made any... I flashed directly those 2 images (from other thread) over.
        try these..I hope it helps ..
        Attached Files
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
          try these..I hope it helps ..
          Thank you! I will try them. Should I desolder chips and to program them or there is any way to flash them from some linux/dos tool, since device is working, just slow?

Comment

Originally posted by HisInfernal View Post
            Thank you! I will try them. Should I desolder chips and to program them or there is any way to flash them from some linux/dos tool, since device is working, just slow?
            yes .. remove the chips from the motherboard ..
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Working...
            X