This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello all. Here to finally fix my Panasonic VIERA TC-P55GT30 55-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV; 7 blinking red lights; broken over a year.

Comment

Hi Guys,

i'm Christian and have been around here for 38 years.
      My entry into "Electronics" world was my very own Commodore Amiga 500 in 1989. As this was the first Computer in the house, i had to find my way around using it on my own. Had i started with a C64 i would probably have gone the programming direction, but with the Amiga it went a different way.
      In the years to come i would be interested in dismantling all kinds of electronic stuff. Ending with total defect in most cases, but sometimes i really fixed things; but mostly i think i learned a lot. For my job "career" i have to cope with other things.
      In the last 10+ years my soldering abilities improved a lot. Measuring is a nightmare, but possible sometimes. Reading schematics only basic.
      Also basic programming skills are available in the meantime.

I have repaired a couple of defect TVs/Monitors in the last years. Mainly the usual bad caps, but also those bloody backlight LED stripes.

But in regard to this forum, i will probably only be a consumer of the profound knowledge all you guys share with us amateurs.

I hope my existence here won't cause anybody trouble.

Comment

Hello all good people of badcaps!

Comment

Hi all. I'm a newb to electronics but curious to learn it.
          I love to fix things and and don't see any task as can't be done without trying 1st.

I can see alot of experienced people in this forum and happy to learn from them .

Comment

Hello, i come from Germany :p

Comment

Just wanted to say Hello to everyone, as I am new to this.

Comment

Hi everyone. Long time lurker, finally decided to register.

Comment

Hello everybody,

I have been around computers since the commodore era. I had a commodore 128kbyte, but mostly used the 64kbyte option than the 128Kbyte option. I used the computer with playing games, more than anything else. I got my degree in Electronic Engineering in 1996. My mother helped me get started in repair & building computers in 1996. I am a self-taught computer builder and software driver repair technician. Every 3 weeks, I would backup my files and pull everything out of my computer and then place it all back together and re-install windows 98 on it. I have the OEM copies of dos6.2 and windows 3.1, and windows XP. Just to let you know. I noticed during this time of re-working my computer my internet speed was faster than someone who would collect a lot of trails & cookies. I also went through the phases of the modem speed from 34kbytes to 56kbytes. I use to buy a new copy of computer shopper magazine. Remember that? I would haggle with different buyers to find the best deal with my computer needs. I would call one seller and tell him what I wanted and get a price. Then call a different seller and tell him what I can get with this amount of money from the first seller. It wasn't until 2010, that I got comfortable enough to do the cpu, the motherboard and the memory myself. I would let the seller build the computer for me. Then let it stay in BIOS for 24 hours. Just to give the components time to burn in. I also have some knowledge on troubleshooting a software driver problem, to and peripheral problems. Of course now I have to get some education on re-work station. They were just coming out with surface mount repair after I graduated, so I am behind on that. I found bcaps when I did a search for motherboard repair, back around 2011. Once, I get this surface mount soldering down and repairing. I can become a greater help to someone on bacaps. Thanks for reading my post.
                  Last edited by Electronic Tek; 11-18-2018, 01:51 PM.
                  I am amazed at the advancements in electronics. I can't wait to see what's next.

Comment

Hello!

Names Randy, and I'm trying to repair a few TV's I have laying around. After some digging around, seems like this is the place to be!

I have a few years of experience repairing home and car audio. I also build my own tube amps for home audio and guitars. My main hobby is automotive photography, but its turned into more of a job than a hobby.

Anyways, looking forward to increasing my knowledge in TV repair. I really want to get my 65 inch Panasonic back up and running!

Comment

Hy,

My name is Martin.

I'm engineering student and in free time I try to earn some money repairing electronics.
                      I'm also interested in car repairs and did some experiments with wvo.

This forum seems to be a good place to help me and I hope I will be able to help others.

Comment

Name’s Patrick. I’m a ruck driver from England. Looking to post a thread with a picture of my 10 year old sharp aquos lcd tv screen with horizontal lines for some advice on wether to try fixing it or bin it.

Cheers,

Pat.

Comment

Hello All
                          My name is Dave, I have an Honours Degree in Electro Mechanical Engineering from DIT, Dublin. I am married with three children and I'm delighted to be accepted as a member of your forum.

Comment

I thought that I proof read it for all of the mistakes and errors. I missed some things on the explaining side of my post. It wasn't until 2001, that I got comfortable to do the motherboard, CPU, and the memory. I graduated from ITT in 1996. Right when they were bring out surface mount repair work. If memory service me right. Please excuse the mistakes
                            I am amazed at the advancements in electronics. I can't wait to see what's next.

Comment

G'Day all.

Phil here from Sunny Brisvegas (Brisbane) Queensland Australia.

Defence trained in the RAAF in avionics, then worked as a tech for Ansett Airlines, then 10 years in high power RF Broadcasting, and now more studio work - oh, and still fixing stuff at home.

Dabble in most things. Soldering iron never too far away, but nowadays neither are the glasses.

Cheers!

Comment

Hi to all,
                                i'm Andrea from Italy.
                                I have a laboratory since 2009 and repair laptop and tablet.
                                I can read a schematics and do welding operation, but I'm in trouble with MB repair diagnostics.
                                Sorry for my bad english.
                                thanks

Comment

Hello , My name is Frank , Im a new member ,, just trying to see how to post and read threads at this point ,, , Thank you

Comment

Hello! My name is ceomat and I am a DIY. My experience with electronics is limited, but I am learning as I go. I like to try new things and tinker with stuff I feel capable of putting back together. I was brought to this forum as I look for a solution to fix my LED TV. I am not giving on the TV yet so I am hoping to find some good advice. I am not the kind of guy who asks and looks for an easy answer. I do my homework first so that as I learn I hope one day I can pay it back and help someone else. Exciting to belong to this forum!

Comment

Good morning, My name is Frank , been in the electronics repair bussness since 1985 ,,, thank you for excepting me in your posts

Comment

Peace guys whasuuuuup

Comment

Hi all, I'm a new member, a very newbie one, just know the basics, but I'm really eager to learn.

Comment

Working...
                                          X