Samsung UN78JU7500FXZA 8 blinking light code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UN78JU7500FXZA 8 blinking light code

This is a really good video, he explains things very well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocqnqmBxiqY

Comment

This legend is for CM803 - correct?
      I'll still be following your instructions in one of your initial posts? That is, test before plugging in power; then, test again after plugging in power?
      Attached Files

Comment

Yes that's it, now watch video in post #21.

Comment

I always say if a picture is worth a thousands words...then a video is worth a thousand pictures.
          Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-16-2019, 03:11 PM.

Comment

This should be it.
            Am I still following your instructions from a previous post, i.e., test before plugging in the power; then, test after plugging in the power?
            Attached Files

Comment

Ok, first try this simple test, with power cord unplugged, unhook cable from powerboard to mainboard, leave cable unhooked, now plug power cord into powerboard, see if backlights come on and stay on. The powerboard is the one we have been looking at, the mainboard is the one with the video connections like hdmi and rca jacks etc.
              Last edited by nomoresonys; 11-16-2019, 03:46 PM.

Comment

You did watch the video?

Comment

Do the simple test in post #26, see what happens then do this, just as instructed: Test connector from mainboard to powerboard on powerboard side with all boards hooked up, test with tv plugged in but off then hit power, report both conditions here, give pin number, pin description/name and condition both off and when you hit power on. So we can see all the voltages and what they are doing. Try to do test just as instructed.

Comment

Watched the video. Will do all this tomorrow and report

Comment

Let me refer to post #26 first.
                      Problem 1) Not sure if it's my particular Samsung model or not, but I do not see a backlight anywhere on the back of the TV. Have looked at other videos and most show an orange? light that gets referred to; however, I see no such light on this back panel.
                      Problem 2) In reference to the legend I posted showing voltage settings for CNM803, it looks as though ANY voltage reading I receive on my tester should be 13v. I see no other voltage readings on the legend. Is this correct?

Comment

In trying to get readings from my Klein meter, I've been having trouble getting valid readings by inserting my "red" lead into the connector as shown in several different videos.
                        I have unplugged the connector (shown in the picture) from the Main Board - the board that has the RCA, HDMI, etc. connections. The other end remains connected to the Power Board; so, I'm assuming that voltage readings are still valid. In this manner I'm able to touch my "red" lead to each of the silver squares as pointed to in the picture.
                        Being a novice, I don't know if the PIN #'s start on the left or the right of the picture, i.e., is PIN #1 on the left or the right?
                        However, the boxes do contain voltage readings associated with each pin.
                        Second picture contains voltages of the silver tabs after flipping this connector over.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Your backlights are inside your tv, when they are working the screen should light up and you can see the lights glowing thru the little holes on the back metal panel. Another video there for simple troubleshooting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSCf1xxLjNA

Comment

For the voltage test of CNM803, you will with all the boards hooked up test, leave the connector in place, report all 22 voltages, you need to type the name and number of the pin and expected voltage if it's marked, test with the tv plugged in but not powered on , which is standby, write that number down, then just hit power and also write that number down, among other things, we want to see if there's voltage on pins 16 and 18 and if they change when you power up the tv.

Comment

See how he's testing the connector in the video in post #21, you will do it just like that.

Comment

Have watched the video several times. Video shows connector with just 1 row of wires on the connector with relative ease of knowing which Pin is Pin #1. Connector on my Samsung has 2 rows of wires. I don't know how to determine which row begins with Pin #1. If the numbers 21/22 at the bottom left of the picture are telling me that pins 21 and 22 are on the left hand side of the picture, is the top wire 21 and the bottom wire 22? Or, vice-versa?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Look by the connector, see the little 1 and 2, other end has 21 and 22.

Comment

So, are all the odd numbers on top and even numbers on the bottom?

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=80730

Comment

$5,000.00 TV in 2015. Not going to trash it just yet. Power Board can be had for $64.95. I'd rather waste that much money troubleshooting than give up.

Comment

That's the spirit, don't be afraid, just do the testing.

Comment

Working...
                                          X