Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hp XW4400 xeon support ??

Hey there everyone
    I recently acquired a HP XW4400 workstation that comes with Core2Duo e6300 1.86Ghz. Based on specs option this unit does support processor up to QX6700. So this makes me wonder will this model support Kentsfield based LGA775 Xeon X3220? If it is possible, is better for me to opt for the Xeon because the Q6600 is twice more expensive than the Xeon in my country. What about the LGA771-775 sticker mod? Does it support any Xeon within 65nm & 1066Mhz FSB ? Has anyone tried it before ?

Any help are welcome and appreciated

Re: Hp XW4400 xeon support ??

Doubt the bios would reconize it. According to hp it does not even support the q6600, but it looks like an old page.
    Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
    ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

^
      Well... I guess that what OEM manufactures always do... Limiting support on whatever they thinks is right.

At least this is still much better than the Dell PowerEdge SC440 that I got last time. That won't support any other types of RAM other than unbuffered ecc ddr2, but what ironic is when I put in a standard ddr2 non-ecc ram, after posting it gives me error saying please insert proper ECC ddr2 ram.

Comment

Originally posted by lbwlow View Post
        Hey there everyone
        I recently acquired a HP XW4400 workstation that comes with Core2Duo e6300 1.86Ghz. Based on specs option this unit does support processor up to QX6700. So this makes me wonder will this model support Kentsfield based LGA775 Xeon X3220? If it is possible, is better for me to opt for the Xeon because the Q6600 is twice more expensive than the Xeon in my country. What about the LGA771-775 sticker mod? Does it support any Xeon within 65nm & 1066Mhz FSB ? Has anyone tried it before ?

Any help are welcome and appreciated
        did you try the xeon mod in wx 4400?

Comment

Working...
        X