bad Advueu LCD monitor, blown capacitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad Advueu LCD monitor, blown capacitor

i was sitting at my computer and could smell something burning... it was my monitor that is out of warranty. i opened it up and found a burned up capacitor and im trying to figure out where to get a replacement, everywhere i've looked doesnt have it. Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks in advance
    Attached Files

Re: bad Advueu LCD monitor, blown capacitor

It's a ceramic capacitor rated for 3kV. The capacitance value is not fully readable, check the value on the other one (they should be the same).

Comment

yeah, it says 18J 3KV, so it's 18pf with a +/- 5% tolerence, correct?

i've been searching and havent found anything. most caps arent rated with that high a voltage.

Comment

http://www.elfa.se/elfa-bin/dyndok.p...0&dok=4946.htm
        "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

i am by no means an electronics person, so excuse my ignorance, but which capacitor would do the job?

Comment

you can use a 1 nanofarad at 3kv for replacment.

but you gotta look at the cause of the failure. arcing being a possibility? those ceramics just dont "fail" like that. unless there is a cause.

Comment

This is just the direct output to the CCFL series'd with the capacitor. I don't see how there can be a cause of failure other than a defective part. If you have any cheap CCFL kits that people tend to shove in their towers these days, you'll find the same caps inside the little inverter boxes. Nab one from there if you have one readily available.

Comment

i too am looking for the same cap but wth no luck anywhere, any new ideas on where to look

Comment

Originally posted by dm90
                  i too am looking for the same cap but wth no luck anywhere, any new ideas on where to look
                  Digi-key has them, their part number P9645-ND. It's a Panasonic KGE series, designed for the 'Ballast circuit of LCD backlighting inverter'. The only problem is you will have to buy 10 of them. With shipping your total cost will be under $6.00 IF you are in the US.

PlainBill
                  For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Burnt pretty bad. I wonder how the transformer and the lamp are doing.

Comment

Thank you very much for the part number, jst finished my order. well it wasnt burt at all, im thnkn one of thm are getting weak maby, becuz the monitor will com on for a breif second and thn goes dark, so i fig it ws a gd place to start

Comment

Originally posted by dm90
                        Thank you very much for the part number, jst finished my order. well it wasnt burt at all, im thnkn one of thm are getting weak maby, becuz the monitor will com on for a breif second and thn goes dark, so i fig it ws a gd place to start
                        Ohhh-Kayyy.

Well, when you check back because replacing those caps didn't help please feel free to withhold other pertinent information. Parts suppliers need all the orders they can get.

PlainBill
                        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

well whn i did a search for the cause of the problem, thts all i cud find for a fpd1730, the 4 amp fuse tht is normally the problem wth tht model is gd. and i have a fdp1530 tht does the same thng. so im open for other suggestions, im jst starting whth wht ive gt so far. i dnt thnk they will gt rich wth my little ol 5 buck order

Comment

Working...
                          X