Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS4 Slim SAD-002 Won't shut down. Only reboots...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS4 Slim SAD-002 Won't shut down. Only reboots...

Hello Everyone! Im dealing with PS4 Slim SAD-002. It came with the SU-42118-6 error. I found F6202 damaged so i replaced it. I was able to run the update without problems. After some time i decided to turn it off and surprise! I can't turn it off. The issue happens when the console is about to shut down, the beep sound can be heard and it reboot into O.S. What could be causing that? I disconected ODD, power button, wireless antennas (in case some device was forcing it to turn on), also HDMI disconected without success. I also did a full and clean reinstall in another HDD (in case of disk damage) but no success. Anyone went through this? Im going crazy! Thank you!

Re: PS4 Slim SAD-002 Won't shut down. Only reboots...

I did check continuity and the button is ok. I also replaced power button without success. I measured the 8 pin flex power button connector and compared it with another board. Everything fine. The only thing that comes to my mind is a software related issue OR power supply. It doesn't start automatically when i plug it in. Only when i send the shutdown command. I tried 3 different methods of shut down and none of them worked. Holding down power button does the beep sound and shutdown message appears, then black screen, ODD stops and BEEP! power on... Also tried from the dashboard with no success. ALSO tried by removing HDD and forcing it to show the message that storage can't be accessed. It prompts you to hold power to shut down from recovery. NO SUCCESS... it beeps back again and turns on.

Comment

Working...
    X