Replacing a bad logic board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing a bad logic board

Hello, I have a Yusmart 229IP-P 22" monitor, and when I plug in the power, it turns on and locks up with a black screen and the backlight on. With no signal the power LED never indicates it going into standby like it should, and giving it a signal or pressing the buttons (including on/off) does nothing at all.

I'm suspecting the input/logic board has failed in some way because I've had a look at the power board and the capacitors, voltages and connections coming from it, and they appear to be fine. I was also using a PSU which was having odd problems at the time the monitor died, almost like an incorrect voltage has found its way out through a PCI-E graphics card VGA port. I'm not sure if that's possible without having anything else blow up!?

There is someone on selling used boards with the same model number as the one from my monitor on AliExpress, and it looks exactly the same except that it has a DVI port and a VGA port - my board only has VGA. But since it's on the input/logic board I wonder if it would be ok - do you think it might work if I fit it to my monitor? (Or have any thoughts of things I could check before I try replacing it.)
Working...
X