This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello from Texas! I am a school teacher on summer break! Just joined the site after semi-diagnosing a problem with my LCD tv. Just trying to figure out exactly which part out of the two that is failing now

Comment

New Guy here. I've got a problem with my 42" magnavox. I'm a mechanical engineer so when it comes to electronics, I need a little help.

thanks
      Austin

Comment

hello all-

john here. i'm a software developer currently in the ecommerce field. i like technology, electronics, and things most geeks enjoy since i am one myself.

anyhow, i've owned a vizio vx37l for almost 10 years without any hiccups and was lead to several posts on this site when the color went brezerk on the tv last night. i typically don't register when surfing for diy info on those interwebs but i wanted to see attachments and fix asap. i was suckered in...

anyhow, i'll be taking apart the tv tonight to measure vgamma voltages and further troubleshoot the issue. if i have the privs by tonight i'll post my results with pics in the pertinent section.

thx to topcat and all who have made this site possible. off to update my profile...

5t4y g33ky fr13nd5,

j4y73w

Comment

Matt from Pittsburgh, been doing electronic repairs since i was a child.

Comment

new member here from Florida that does Arcade/Amusement game repair for a living (and a minor amount of LCD/Monitor repair for fun on the side) my name is Matt & plan on spending a lot of time on this site!

Comment

I've found several pieces of useful information here so I with to say THANKS to all posters...

Comment

I wish to say THANKS...

Comment

I am Abel, I discovered earlier in life my interest in hardwares since about ten but it was not long ago that I started on phone and laptop repair. I was doing it for the fun of it until lately that I felt the need to earn for living.
                  My formal education was in mechanical engineering.

Comment

hi, found some interesting info about fixing dell monitor so registering. regards.

Comment

Hi there, computer technician from UK west coast.

Comment

Hi Eric here from the west midlands,i need some help regarding samsung tv,I have been reading forum for a while so i need to get my first post in.Thanks

Comment

Hello!
                          I am from Russia. Sometimes I need information about various electronics.
                          Best regards!

Comment

Hello
                            I found this site to be very nice so I decided to apply to be a part of it (Not common for me)
                            Some times, even if we have sufficiently good knowledge and experience we get stuck on trying to figure out why something is not working as it should and then someone comes around with maybe a different approach to the same problem and then …”miracle”!!
                            Best regards to all.

Comment

A human says hello to a machine to prove he is not a spam machine... Hu that's weird.

Comment

std::cout << "Hello World!";

My name is Mike, I have been gainfully employed in the software world for most of my life, since being a "1980 Grad" from Amherst MA until now. I am currently a software consultant and engineer here in Brooklyn NY for a non-proffit organization.

However my true love is in the hardware world. In 1977 I built my first homebrew computer and in 1979 entered my NS 8060 based system as a traffic control system in the MA State Science Fair at MIT. Strange as it may be, I curently am dabling in tube technology andhigh power switching and amplifiers.

I am so happy to have found this site, as I had troubles finding a schematic for the BN44-00195A psc board. And it is neat seeing others working on this and other projects, just seeing how they over came issues not well documented by the mfg.

Not being one of many words, thanks for letting me into the community. Have a great day.

Comment

hello, i am from portugal, and i am really glad that i found this forum!

thanks to all members for the information sharing

Comment

Hello ! I'm new to the board. I am an electronics Tech from South Bend,IN . Hope to be able to share and learn with you guys .

Thanks !

Comment

Hello to all. I am new and live in Macon GA. I look forward in learning more and Thank you all for your help and post.

Comment

Hi all. I came to this forum looking at different user experiences on various TV sets, as I've recently decided to start flat panel repair to make some extra cash. So far, this place has been a wealth of information and I'm grateful for all the member contributions that have made this place so great.

Comment

Hello from Pennsylvania. Just looking to open up a monitor to repair, the usual methods aren't working and I noticed a thread with pictures here that I couldn't see without registering.

Comment

Working...
                                          X