Samsung LN46C630K1F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung LN46C630K1F

Seems like it, unless your lvds cable from main to tcon has an issue.

Comment

Yes

Comment

Thank you guys, I'll look for another board. Like I said, they are very scarce.

Comment

You could check the voltage on the main board, It looks like that 8 pin mosfet (near the lvds cable) is the control for the t-con voltage, check the voltage onpin 1,2or3 (in) Pin 4 is the gate, and 5,6,7,8 go to the tcon.
          There is also a small sot23-3 transistor off the gate that is likely the switch for the t-con voltage.
          There is also a 7809 regulator near that mosfet, It likely has 12 volts on its input and 9 volts on its output.

Comment

Hi guys

I got a new Mainboard. It differs in the following

Original BN94-02701G
            New one BN94-02701J

According to SJ and some other sites the two boards are compatible.

It now does switch on, but it's got very bad picture. This is a TV that worked fine before this. I must say, when I took out the LVDS Cable between the T-CON and the Mainboard, a piece of the cable broke off and was left in the T-CON. I however could remove it afterwards. I ordered a new LVDS cable so that shouldn't be a problem.

AM I looking at a new T-CON. I did clean the FFC cables with IPA
            Attached Files
            Last edited by henryvrensburg; 12-01-2018, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Hard to tell, the new lvds cable might fix it.

Comment

This is with the new LVDS cable.

Comment

From the picture it looks like a panel or tcon issue.

Comment

On a few of the Samsung's I've put a new main board on, I've had to change various service menu parameters to make the board match the the TV model you're putting it in.

Comment

Hi TeeEeeKay

Can you please elaborate on your comment. What do I have to do to get this TV working. I ordered a new T-CON as well

Comment

Originally posted by henryvrensburg View Post
                        Hi TeeEeeKay

Can you please elaborate on your comment. What do I have to do to get this TV working. I ordered a new T-CON as well
                        Take a look at this info. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...re-update.html

I know this isn't the same model number as your set but you might look up service menu parameters for your set. It deals with issues after firmware updates, but I've had to do the same thing after main board replacement. Many sets (possibly yours) use the same main board for a bunch of different models with various types of LCD screens so the main boards you are acquiring may have the wrong parameters for your particular model.

Comment

Hi guys

So I put in a new T-CON, new LVDS cable, and the picture looks like the attached photo. At this stage I'm thinking this TV doesn't want to work again.

Do you think it can be the different Mainboard? I also followed TeeEeeKay's advise and checked the settings in the Service Menu, (the settings were correct)

The last picture looks like T-CON, but it looks the same with the old T-CON

Any more ideas. Thanks everyone
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by henryvrensburg; 12-17-2018, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Did you try a factory reset with this new setup? if that doesn't help try a firmware update/reapply if possible.

Comment

I tried a factory reset with the same result. I also updated the firmware to the newest firmware available. Still same.

Comment

Originally posted by henryvrensburg View Post
                                Hi guys

So I put in a new T-CON, new LVDS cable, and the picture looks like the attached photo. At this stage I'm thinking this TV doesn't want to work again.

Do you think it can be the different Mainboard? I also followed TeeEeeKay's advise and checked the settings in the Service Menu, (the settings were correct)

The last picture looks like T-CON, but it looks the same with the old T-CON

Any more ideas. Thanks everyone
                                can you post what settings you actually have instead of "they were correct"?

Comment

Maybe check those little capacitors on tcon for shorts, diode mode, probe on each side, tv unplugged.

Comment

Hi guys

Just to give some feedback. I ordered a LDV cable from another reputable TV Parts supplier. The cable arrived, I installed it and it is now working perfectly. It seems as if there is a lot of defective parts on the NET.

Thank you for every one reading this, and for the advise and help. Much appreciated

Comment

So do you think one of the wires in the first replacement lvds cable is broken?
                                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-03-2019, 07:11 PM.

Comment

I think so, yes. I put the old/new cable back after I got it working and it did the same. SO it must be the cable.

Comment

Working...
                                        X