X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A problem with an automotive trouble codes diagnosis device

Originally posted by techman1025 View Post
    Hi
    Well in the device management any? Marks Showing next to the driver . If yes then you need to locate the correct driver once that is gone then you need to see why it's not communicating . Start with different cable.
    Techman1025
    Nope, for this point I actually haven't seen any since the first time I tried it, watch this video that I've uploaded on Youtube a while ago that shows everything I'm facing and for the device manager notice at first minute of the video at 00:42 that there's a drive known as (I+ME Actia XS Device) with no marks next to it !
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYkhgXAk_v4

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
      elm thing is a joke .. ross tech is good as does programming but only for vag group .am looking at trying a Delphi for use with laptop pc next .
      Clone Passthru is not bad at all as well, just giving You an advice to purchase the 2011 version and get some rework done on it for a stable and quick performance in a addition to a hex dump for the latest software version for PIC chip on the board and You're good to go !
      Need more on that, talk to me and I'll give You the full guide.

Comment

On scale from 1 to 10 what's Your rating for my English till now ?

Comment

Originally posted by belalmondeo View Post
          Clone Passthru is not bad at all as well, just giving You an advice to purchase the 2011 version and get some rework done on it for a stable and quick performance in a addition to a hex dump for the latest software version for PIC chip on the board and You're good to go !
          Need more on that, talk to me and I'll give You the full guide.
          i want one i can simply install the software and use the device just like the ross tech one i have .

Comment

i want one i can simply install the software and use the device just like the ross tech one i have .
            I understand, You want no complication right ?
            Last edited by belalmondeo; 12-28-2018, 02:27 PM.

Comment

I understand, You want no complication right ?
              as little complications as is possible . and late version . up to say 2016 should be fine ,i do have an all in one scanner but only a cheap launch viii that sometimes tells lies giving me codes for things that are not even fitted to the cars . and incorrect voltages and sensors output values ,

Comment

as little complications as is possible . and late version . up to say 2016 should be fine ,i do have an all in one scanner but only a cheap launch viii that sometimes tells lies giving me codes for things that are not even fitted to the cars . and incorrect voltages and sensors output values ,
                Launchs are actually known to perform better with asian manafacturers, for European and American cars You'd better go with Autel such as (MS906 - MS908).

Comment

Launchs are actually known to perform better with asian manafacturers, for European and American cars You'd better go with Autel such as (MS906 - MS908).
                  i dont have that sort of money .even if i had i would no way make it back .

Comment

Could the usb cable be the reason behind it ? it's 4 wires black (ground) - Green (Data +) - White (Data -) - Red (5V).
                    My idea is to replace it with a Printer cable and have the red wire disconnected as this dude did before as mentioned in this link: https://cartechnology.co.uk/showthre...light=fantomel (Post #34).

Comment

can't read that post. login required.

Comment

after looking at the ds150e clones that look very similar some are reporting they wont work on 64 bit systems . maybe it could be that and needs 32 bit .

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
                          can't read that post. login required.
                          Here is my China unit, I chopped the original cable off and used an old printer cable, its been working OK, sometimes very slow connecting.
                          I will change the small parts on the PCB to see if it helps, will the CTX50-1P be OK or is it best I change it ?
                          Said that guy I told about.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by belalmondeo; 12-30-2018, 02:58 PM.

Comment

after looking at the ds150e clones that look very similar some are reporting they wont work on 64 bit systems . maybe it could be that and needs 32 bit .
                            I've kept it in mind as the vendor instructs to install it on only 32 bit OS.

Comment

So you are using the serial port on your computer now?

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
                                So you are using the serial port on your computer now?
                                I mean the modern printer usb cable !
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by belalmondeo; 12-30-2018, 05:22 PM.

Comment

o.k. so you have to have a bad cable or a bad USB port on the OBDII device then.

Comment

no, he cut the red so the computer does not power the device.
                                    it's possible that it overloads some laptops - a desktop would have unlimited current.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                                      it's possible that it overloads some laptops - a desktop would have unlimited current.
                                      then that would be good anyway no matter I kept the red wire or cut it ?

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                                        and how does this programmer power up without 5V and only have the GND, Data - and Data + connected? I don't understand that.

Interesting to see if there is a short between 5V and GND on that circuit board?

Comment

will power up from the cars obd port

Comment

Working...
                                          X