Sharp Aquos LC-52D62U "an incompatible video signal has been received"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp Aquos LC-52D62U "an incompatible video signal has been received"

http://www.sharpusa.com/Support/Prod...odel=LC-52D65U, Closest I see is this which is 52D65U

Comment

Yea, and unfortunately, there is no USB on the 52D... Only an SD card slot...

Comment

Have you tried a different HDMI cord?

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy8fh-g5DOM

Comment

OK THis is wierd..

I went back to see if I could get the same setup (SIGNAL TYPE unghosted) on INPUT 5.. No luck.. No matter what I do, it stays ghosted..

And now 4 is back to being ghosted..

EDIT: OK I think I figured out why... If there is a signal, (IE an HDMI source is plugged in) the SIGNAL TYPE is ghosted... If there isn't any source plugged in, then I can select SIGNAL TYPE...
            Last edited by Michale32086; 03-23-2018, 11:12 AM.

Comment

https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...ff74460ac8.pdf User manual check page 31, they seem to make it pretty complicated, select this select that etc.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...ff74460ac8.pdf User manual check page 31, they seem to make it pretty complicated, select this select that etc.
                Yea, that is pretty confusing...

Thanx for the PDF, though.. Can never have too much information..

Comment

Ya know what the absolute QUICKEST way to find a specific main board in yer stash of parts???

Order a replacement board.. :^/

30 mins after I ordered a replacement Main Board for the Aquos, I was putting my boards and such away to get ready for the weekend and the exact board I needed for this SHARP caught my eye.. Dunno how I missed it before as it was in plain sight..

Installed it in the AQUOS and the TV works fine now!!

So... From now on, I order replacement boards and then I will find the board I need in my stash..
                  Attached Files

Comment

Good news, did you cancel the order straight away?

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                      Good news, did you cancel the order straight away?
                      Yea... Normally I hate to do that.. Once I place an order I hate not following thru.. But it was literally like an hour and at 0300hrs so, I doubt the seller even noticed the sale before I cancelled it..

So, all in all, a win.. It's nice ta get those..

Thanx again to all for all the help...

Comment

I would like to revisit this issue..

The replacement Main Board has seemed to develop the same problem but with a slight difference...

I have hooked up a PS3... When I reset the video function of the PS3 and get low resolution, the SHARP displays the picture fine.. I then go thru the process of updating the video of PS3 to HDMI resolutions and again, the SHARP displays the picture fine.. I insert a game and then the screen goes black (changing video modes I am assuming) and then I get the video incompatibility error message again...

Are there other factors at work besides the Main Video PCB?? Maybe the TCON or LVDS cables???

Maybe I should try a firmware update???

Comment

Hi, I'm just spitting out my thoughts here, so don't shoot me if I'm wrong...
                          But, what if one of your source devices is somehow messing with your HDMI chips in your boards? It seems strange to me that the exact same thing happened to the second board. Except if this was a known fail point in those boards.
                          Or maybe a somehow faulty HDMI cable (ie bad connector or something that when moves opens a signal or makes a short)?

Comment

Thanx for the reply...

I tried several different HDMI cables. And they work fine on other setups..

Like you, I find it strange that multiple boards can give me the same error... But what really bothers me is that if I.... like.. "sneak up" on the HDMI setup and build it up from low res to hi res, it seems to work OK... Until an in game video mod switch fraks it all up...

Gonna play with it today and see what I can come up with..

Thanx again...

Comment

It sounds like the eid of the tv is perhaps not set / read properly which perhaps causes / allows the video game to select an output that the tv can't handle. One way to check would to hook the exact setup to another tv that display the incoming signal characteristic (ie. res) and see perhaps what is being sent.... this will give you an idea of the transistions that are expected. In the past, res switching happened often during the playing of dvds/blurays where the intro and others were at one resolution and then switched as special features and the movie was played.

Also force a fixed resolution output from the system... trying low first and see what the result is, then move up... ie. start at 480p, then move to 720p, then to 1080i and then finally 1080p and see whats up where. Further, when hooked to a tv that works and shows a known display, check the frame rate along with the color bits.... these significantly impact the data rate and perhaps the cabling or end electronics are not up to snuff.

Comment

Thanx, Budwich...

About the only thing I can do of what you said was to slowly move the res up from 480 on up... Don't have any equipment to measure your other suggestions..

I am kinda the Larry The Cable Guy of TV repair..

Comment

OK Did some testing...

Set the res at 480p and ran the TV off of a PS3 game.. Worked fine... Let it go for 20-30 mins and then reset the PS3 res to 720p...

Ran for about 10 mins and the display froze... Shut off the PS3 and the display disappeared after a few seconds..

Started the PS3 up again and got the incompatible signal error..

"Now, I don't know what all that means but it sounds pretty bad"
                                  -Tom Cruise, A FEW GOOD MEN

Comment

OK, 1080p and 1080i do the same thing..

Works for 5-10 mins and then the screen freezes.. restart the PS3 and incompatible video signal...

Checking COMPONENT 480/720/1080 next

Comment

exactly how are selecting the res on the ps3. what other res are selected in the menu?

Comment

good check to do the other input type res.... my guess is you have either a marginal cable or maybe ps3.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                                          exactly how are selecting the res on the ps3. what other res are selected in the menu?
                                          The PS3 allows you to go into the settings and change the resolutions... Available resolutions are in HDMI are:

480p
                                          720p
                                          1080i
                                          1080p

The SHARP doesn't seem to like anything beyond 480p with HDMI...

Comment

Working...
                                          X