Bluetooth devices and default fixed PIN number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluetooth devices and default fixed PIN number

Note that Bluetooth falls under the definition of a "network", being a Wireless Personal Area Network (WPAN).
    Some time ago, I was connecting a Bluetooth GPS receiver under Windows using a third party Bluetooth connection utility for a particular USB Bluetooth chipset (CSR), and one problem I had was that the manual for the Bluetooth GPS receiver did not state its (fixed) PIN number for connection , so I tried a typical default, which was "0000" and it connected OK.
    Later on, when I was connecting a phone to an automotive audio system via Bluetooth, the console display gave the PIN number (0000) to enter on the phone you wish to connect, and when I connected with an Android phone, the phone did not prompt me for the PIN number because Android tried the typical default PIN of 0000.
    Somehow, the Windows third party Bluetooth connection utility did not try connecting with the typical PIN of 0000 before prompting to enter a PIN other than 0000.
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.
Working...
X