Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hannspree HF257 w/bad backlight

Hello,

I have this monitor and have had it since 2009.

My brother was complaining for a good while that he had to turn it off and back on again. I didn't believe it was the monitor but I was obviously wrong.

Because now it has the 2sec2black issue.

I heard someone ask a question on another thread like, " Did you shine a flash light on it?"

I wasn't sure if they meant directly into the front of it. But if so, Yes I did that and didn't see any image after it turns off. I also shined the light at an angle to it and no image.

The Image comes on for a second and then black.

The blue on light does stay on.

Any Ideas?

Thanks!

Comment

Hi.. I have a hannspree HF257 monitor
      but it has '2 seconds to black' symptom if the brightness is maximum
      and when i set the brightness to the minumum (zero), it flicks several times and there are some electrical noise and eventually go to black...

first of all,Could you let me know how did you disassemble the monitor?

Comment

Originally posted by bluesj View Post
        Hi.. I have a hannspree HF257 monitor
        but it has '2 seconds to black' symptom if the brightness is maximum
        and when i set the brightness to the minumum (zero), it flicks several times and there are some electrical noise and eventually go to black...

first of all,Could you let me know how did you disassemble the monitor?
        now i disassembled the monitor.. caps are not burged... what should i do?

Comment

Originally posted by rasterdan View Post
          After changing the caps, the board was still not functioning properly. Recently I was Christmas shopping online and searched eBay for the power supply number and finally got a hit.

You can purchase an almost identical board on eBay for $34 - free shipping. Search by your board part number and you will find one one digit different (the board is for a HH251). I looked at it and it looked exactly like mine. I ordered it and it looks exactly the same and ... it works perfectly.
          FSP060-2P109
          eBay store "monitor-09"
          so the culprit was the power supply board? and you completely repaired the HF257 monitor?

Comment

bluesj,
            You did seem to drag up an old post but I can say that yes, replacing the power board may help you.

I had the same issue on my Hannspree that I liberated from the town dump with the 2 seconds to black. I could not find any bad caps and the problem seems to be with the back lights. The back light board is built into the power board.

Fret not, I got myself a board shipped from China for $25. Put it in and am using it now. Has been running for 3 hours straight.

http://www.boardss.com/index.php?mai...oducts_id=1150

Now to find a way to get the light scratches off the display. Why do people want to key LCDs that they trash?
            Last edited by Jim1590; 10-21-2015, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X