This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I'm a electronic newb!! No really I can fix about anything mechanical but the electric realm has always been black magic to me. Trying to fix that. Looks like a great forum!

Comment

Hello, I’m Maria. Computers is my hobby. After my motorbike accident (about 10 years ago), I’m stuck to a wheelchair. This however does not stop me to do some charity work for local community. Mainly in administration field. I joined this forum to gain some knowledge and maybe contribute with my existing experience. Greeting to All.

Comment

Greetings. I am a 62yo, freshly-retired utility inspector living on the northern border of the Everglades. I was raised in my father's radio/TV repair shop, and hold the old "GROL" paper from the early 80's. I hold a general class ham ticket (N4ZAW), and am HOPELESSLY addicted to RF. But if 47+ years around the electronics repair business has taught me anything, it's that I wasn't cut-out to be a bench tech, performing miracles for what my pop called "customers". I enjoyed it too much to go into my father's trade. Customer Demands and expectations might have gotten in the way of my addiction. I now spend most of my time in my "werk"shop, tinkering with a radio or two, on MY time. I found this site while on the hunt for data on a Pyramid pos ps. A real load! Maybe good for parts.
        Anyhow, I hope to both learn and contribute often here in the future.... As the addicts say, "one day at a time".
        sigpicI just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory.

Comment

Just another frustrated Samsung owner. Hello, all!

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyDee View Post
            Couldnt resist to say hello to another Canuck!

Where abouts are you from and whats your hardware?

Jonny

Thanks the coldest part of canada is where i am from and just trying to figure out my dell monitor issues. I know dell is not the best out there and should RIP the monitor ! but figured if its only a capacitor or two that needs replacement i can handle that, now that i am in IT instead of electronics it could be interesting venture.

Comment

Helloooo.. I am a tech guru at heart, Tesla was my hero ..Ii have repaired space shuttle com. sys. , F-18 flight and weapontry systems, was a Broadcast Engineer for an ABC affiliate on a UHF station ..ahhhh.. yep , did it soent my life their too .. 17 hours a day 7 days a week. Before that I repaired down to componet level broadcast level video and audio equiptment, Sony, JVC,Panasonic, etc.. I am always willing to learn new products and need help in some areas of product I do not know .. Ask me a question anytime

Comment

Hello ALL
                I am Waldek Kulak from Poland (Wroclaw city) and I work as
                videographer and sometimes as technician RTV (learned profession).
                Today Badcaps.net helped me repair my DELL 2047 power supply
                module, now i see and i can write this hello !

Comment

My name is Sky. My first PC was a Commodore 64 with a tape drive. I remember typing programs out of a Chips Ahoy magazine back in the 80's Good Times!

I have over a decade experience in the industrial maintenance field, and have recently (4 semesters ago) decided to switch and pursue an engineering major (with honors).

Thanks for letting me join!
                  Sky

Comment

Hello. I found this Forum and looks like it is run buy adults. I am an Engineering Technician for a Power supply company and I have been working with SMPS for over 15 Years. I am not an expert but know enough to be dangerous. I have worked with voltages up to 25KV and been shocked a couple of times and lived. Most of the time I got shocked was when the power supply was off and my guard was down but made me smarter every time. With Electricity you can never let your guard down or you will find out about the 4th demission. For some reason people that I work with think I can fix all electronic Gizmos and I have to shake my head privately but you all know how it's like. I give it a shot and If I can't fix it, I give it right back to them. I specially fear people who think they know everything about anything that involves Electronics because I believe they really don't know much. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and there are more than 1 Way fixing things. So Hopefully, I can learn something from you guys and you guys can teach me something. Feel free to Email me if you have a question.

Comment

From Oz pushing 77 and interest in tech from crystal set days thru to all that is around today. In finance 40yrs, comm pilot 33yrs, house design construction 10yrs, computer (mainly laptops) sales and fix 10yrs. Motto "if they can do it you can do it".

Comment

Ridiculously stubborn home-repair guy here. I try to avoid getting in over my head...but am occasionally fool-hearty. I am a sloppy solderer. A real cheapo most times. Current project: delivering a TV I paid 1200 bucks for from potential doom.

Comment

Hi all! The name is chris and it is an honor to be apart of this forum as I have been an outsider looking in for a while and have to say it is very impressive to read how much you guy and gals know about this stuff. I am definitely a noob but hope that I am able to help someone as you have been helping me!

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for letting me in! I started out in electronics back in the 70's studying the RCA Home Study course. can't remember if I even finished it, but ended up with an analog multimeter assembled as part of the course. Went on to buying an Apple II+ look-alike kit in Tokyo and assembling it successfully. Since then I have worked for Kodak and Fujifilm troubleshooting and repairing their mini-lab and digital minilab (Frontier) machines. I'm also a die-hard fixit yourself guy, retired and a lot of time on my hands. We have a problem getting decent spares in South Africa, and rely on e-shopping most of the time.

Comment

Hi new friends,
                              I have been in the pro Audio repairs field for these last 30 years.
                              I gained lots of expierience but every now and then I also get stuck and need someone's fresh ideas to get out of some technical problems!
                              So young technicians , get into it and use your full courage to beat the technical problems on your own and sometimes with some old man's help.
                              Always work with safety in mind!!!!!
                              Cheers
                              Orius

Comment

Hi guys,
                                New to the forum.I have been dabbling in electronics since I was a kid.Taking apart my toys to see how they worked.I currently repair Lcd tv and pc's in my spare time.
                                Look forward to being involved ,
                                Regards,
                                Redriddick

Comment

hellp me for lcd hplp2475w lein in pic
                                  sory i no good enlish
                                  Last edited by gamal; 12-02-2014, 02:11 PM. Reason: I do not know how to Upload a Photo stepped in the image without Data Cable

Comment

Hello

I'm here to attempt to fix my samsung LCD tv. It runs fine for around 10 min and then shuts off and re-starts by itself every minute or so. Aside from that it's working fine. It's a LN46D630M3FXZC and any help anyone can offer is welcome.

Dave

Comment

Hello!
                                      I'm Troy, I work at a technical support position and am a computer enthusiast. I enjoy building and repairing computers and have recently recapped my first motherboard. I am definitely new to component soldering and look forward to learning.

Comment

Hello!
                                        I'm a Swedish guy who loves computers and networking. I have also been into electronics since i was a child. Going on 60 I'm still keen to tinker with all kinds of technical stuff.

Comment

hello people ed here from van isl bc ty for allowing me to join peace

Comment

Working...
                                          X