is this a NCP1014AP065G ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is this a NCP1014AP065G ?

cant quite read it as hole blown through ...
    Attached Files

Re: is this a NCP1014AP065G ?

from the datasheet - yes.
    all variants are AP,
    ending values are 06, 10 or 13.
    clearly this is 06.
    Attached Files

Comment

nice one . just needed confirmation ... its from my tv power supply . main capacitor open circuit . suppose thats what killed it ? quick check of diodes etc nothing else appears shorted .

Comment

Getting a bit o/t, but if your TV PSU has Active PFC (APFC), you might want to make sure that circuit is running as it should be and not overshooting. Main capacitor going open-circuit can be attribute to either bad part (crap cap brand) or APFC overshooting and killing the cap over time. Usually it's #1, but I've seen the latter wreck even good quality brands too. Something to keep in mind after replacing the main capacitor and that NCP1014 chip.

Comment

there are 2 bulged caps on the board i am replacing as well .
          bit of history .tv always worked well but would sometimes forget what source was selected when coming out of standby .. i had been away a week and on my return i plugged the tv back in and no standby . grabbed the hair dryer and warmed it up .stand by light come on and switched on fine .left it on and ok for first night . next night it was off when i woke up . no standby light . so far found this ic blown up . 2 bulged 4700uf 6.3v caps and main 150uf 450v cap open . plus a blackened open fuse .
          open cap is a capxon
          Last edited by petehall347; 09-28-2018, 04:27 AM.

Comment

well its up and running . replaced 4 caps in all plus the ic . tv starts up in 4 seconds .
            main filter cap replaced with 150uF 450v SNAP-IN, Rubycon (JAPAN) HXG 105C, ripple:1.51A! LIFE 3000Hrs

Comment

Glad to hear you got it running again.
              By the way, do you have a picture of the PSU board? I'm just curious if this TV has APFC or not, given the 450V primary input cap. Thanks.

Comment

sorry its back together .. tv is an odd one locally built . evesham computers was one of their company names . think they are out of business now . hold on might have got a pic will check the phone .
                edit ..sorry only a pic of chip . i did have a tab open with same one but long closed it . will see if in history
                Last edited by petehall347; 10-07-2018, 05:35 PM.

Comment

think it is ... sht32h4

Comment

Working...
                  X