Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell 2208WFP backlight issue

Thanks, good advice.

I have no testing equipment, btw. And I did think about replacing the nearby CapXon caps too, but since I had such a difficult time with the first three, I didn't want to risk destroying the board further. Too many bent pins, bad welds, ripped copper pads, etc...

And I didn't have a proper workspace either. You really need a nice workbench, overhead light, or even a magnifying scope for other things like surface mount work.

Comment

Fair enough, although it should be fairly easy if you try the methods I wrote about earlier. The best thing of course is to practice, get an old dead board and just play around with desoldering on it. Try different ways of doing each thing. You'll soon find out what works and what doesn't.

The biggest thing with any desoldering is of course to add new solder and flux to the joint beforehand. If you are using wick, sometimes you need to add flux to the wick if it is cheap\old and doesn't contain any or it has tarnished a bit.
      "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
      -David VanHorn

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG2TknIC260

Comment

Working...
        X