Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung monitor - 2232GW - power on issues (possibly not a caps fault?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung monitor - 2232GW - power on issues (possibly not a caps fault?)

I have a Samsung 2232GW monitor, it's ten years old and I love the display hence I don't want to replace it (can't really afford to either).

Some months ago it started to exhibit the well known power on issues so I replaced all of the electrolytics (except for the 100uf 450v) with new, high quality, 105 degree electrolytics. Suffice to say that a number of the old caps were bulging, but not leaking.

All was well for a few months but power on problems have returned, a little different this time though as now after a few hours switched off and then powered on, the overall display will be dim but is particularly dark on the left side; it will rapidly flicker then blank out completely after a few seconds. If I leave it like this for a few minutes (blank display, power still on) then power off and on again all is well. So there's a warm up required.

I've taken it apart again, checked the ESR of all of the new caps (they are fine and physically they look fine too) and the old 100uf 450v electrolytic also has good ESR. Not sure if it's worth replacing that (I'd need to order one).

Any thoughts please as to the cause of this latest fault? (note: this only started a few days ago).

Thanks

Edit: Here's a photo of the board that I found online:

http://www.ccfloffer.com/bookpic/01/..._IP-45130B.jpg

Model no: IP-45130B

I'm tempted just to buy a new board from China, but is it possible that the power board itself isn't at fault?

Re: Samsung monitor - 2232GW - power on issues (possibly not a caps fault?)

From what you have said in your post it sounds like you have a problem with the florcent tubes or with the wiring to the tubes in the side that is dim
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Thanks. Where would I buy replacement tubes?

Comment

ebay, but consider an led kit if it only lights from the edges.

Comment

Is there an LED kit for this particular model?

Comment

led kits are sold by lamp length, not what your fitting them in.

Comment

I see, thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X