Chimei DAC-19M009 Power Supply problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chimei DAC-19M009 Power Supply problems

Just saying that removing these IC-s is fairly simple so I had no problem. Only needed to desolder and lift only one side anyway.

Looking forward for my ebay package now :P Might take around 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by jh20 View Post
      edit 2: amraks, if you still want the p605 datasheet, here's it is:
      I was checking if the_boss had it. cause it come up in the searches I done.

Comment

Anyway, I got mine fixed. Mainboard arrived today and replacing it got the monitor working.

Comment

Well done Boss -thanks for letting us know - dont suppose you did any
          comparison tests to see if you could spot what was dud on the old board.
          So many fail and we never seem to bottom it
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Yes, I did not bother testing it. If I have time I could try to test some.

Comment

Hi, first post here.

Fascinating reading this thread so far that it has prompted me to ask a question:

I have the same board that has been discussed on here - image attached, but it's one borrowed from another post because I don't have a camera to hand.

My monitor has no power at all. Replaced the biggest capacitor because it had clearly burst but still no power.

I then checked the fuse F101 for continuity and got nothing, so clearly blown. However, I then noticed that the little green capacitor next to it (circled in red) has a big black hole in it and requires replacing.

My question is, what do I replace the green capacitor with? There are no markings on it at all, although it's possible that the blown hole has obscured any previous markings. So at this point I have no idea what size capacitor to buy.

Cheers,
              Avocado.
              Attached Files

Comment

Its not a cap But a Power Thermistor,SCK037 is a common one used in Monitors as below :-

Comment

Originally posted by Avocado View Post
                  Fascinating reading this thread so far that it has prompted me to ask a question:

I have the same board that has been discussed on here - image attached, but it's one borrowed from another post because I don't have a camera to hand.

My monitor has no power at all. Replaced the biggest capacitor because it had clearly burst but still no power.
                  If the main capacitor spoiled then there could be other components there that have failed. Check the MOSFET first especially. Also noticed a number of bulged capacitors there..

I then checked the fuse F101 for continuity and got nothing, so clearly blown. However, I then noticed that the little green capacitor next to it (circled in red) has a big black hole in it and requires replacing.

My question is, what do I replace the green capacitor with? There are no markings on it at all, although it's possible that the blown hole has obscured any previous markings. So at this point I have no idea what size capacitor to buy.
                  That's a thermistor, not a capacitor. You can find this very commonly used in SMPS power supplies.
                  Last edited by lexwalker; 05-31-2013, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Hi, Thanks Rtech and lexwalker.

So this thermistor is a SCK-037.
                    I don't know anything about thermistors. Do I have to get an exact part match or is there a generic thermistor that will suffice?

Been looking on eBay for thermistors but nothing comes up with that search string so I'll contact some of the sellers for a bit of advice.

lexwalker, the bulging capacitors in the photo are not actually from my board - I borrowed the photo from an earlier posting on this thread because my board is the same type, and well it just seemed easier. I've checked my other capacitors and none are bulged or look anything other than perfect (apart from the main one which I've already replaced).

What is a MOSFET and how do I check one?

Comment

So this thermistor is a SCK-037.
                      I don't know anything about thermistors. Do I have to get an exact part match or is there a generic thermistor that will suffice?

Been looking on eBay for thermistors but nothing comes up with that search string so I'll contact some of the sellers for a bit of advice.
                      Why not try online electronic stores. Here's an example from RS Components: Passive Components > Variable Resistors > Thermistors >Type S237 NTC thermistor,ICL,1R 170degC. Lots of other examples there also (including other places like Farnell, Digikey, Mouser, etc), just pick the one closest to the original part's specifications.

lexwalker, the bulging capacitors in the photo are not actually from my board - I borrowed the photo from an earlier posting on this thread because my board is the same type, and well it just seemed easier. I've checked my other capacitors and none are bulged or look anything other than perfect (apart from the main one which I've already replaced).

What is a MOSFET and how do I check one?
                      The 3-legged transistor that's on the heatsink near the big main filter/smoothing capacitor. If this part becomes faulty, then it will usually become shorted thus causing the fuse to blow (again).
                      Last edited by lexwalker; 05-31-2013, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Boss View Post
                        Okay, I did some magic which made me realize that mainboard is faulty.

I connected a computer PSU and buttonboard with the mainboard. It still had the flickering lights. This shows that LCD PSU had nothing to do with the clicking sound and flickering LED-s.

Now the question is - Is the PSU faulty too or just the mainboard?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Main-Board-A...item3cc4b1c6c2 I was planning to buy this if it turns out to be faulty.

Now I will trouble Amraks a little so he could test something for me
                        My monitor turns on and shows the "No signal" box as long as the monitor isn't connected. But when I connect by either VGA or DVI cable, the monitor shuts down. Would this indicate that the mainboard is bad and not the PSU?

Comment

Sorry if some line is poorly worded since I use a google translator.
                          I am repairing a power board DAC-19M009 Rev02A and wanted to request from the group if

I could provide the schematic-diagram of components since a couple of them

burst and I can not read the values. If they had the diagram or a link-link where

I could download it. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                          X