Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp Aquos LC-52D62U "an incompatible video signal has been received"

Originally posted by budwich View Post
    good check to do the other input type res.... my guess is you have either a marginal cable or maybe ps3.
    The PS3 allows me the easiest way to check resolutions as it has a feature that easily allows you to drop the PS3 to the lowest resolution possible..

I also have XBOX 360s and BluRay Smart Boxes I can use for testing...

Comment

Yes... but but if I understand correctly, there is a "check box" setting which "marks" "available" resolutions. Hence, there is an "automatic feature" that moves thru those checked IF there is an issue with current resolution. Also, if I understand you can "manual" move thru the "range of marked". Further, there is another parameter (frame rate) which also comes into play. I am still suspecting cabling and ultimately data rate issue.

Having said, the tv can be at fault as hdmi is suspectible to bad things like heat. Since you are able to get them to work a bit... perhaps you might want to try getting it working at say 720P and then hitting the area on the input board with some heat (hair dryer) and see if you can hasten the problem and go from there.

Comment

OK 720p, 1080i and 1080p all work fine thru COMPONENT..

So, it appears to be an HDMI issue...

Comment

Yes... but but if I understand correctly, there is a "check box" setting which "marks" "available" resolutions. Hence, there is an "automatic feature" that moves thru those checked IF there is an issue with current resolution. Also, if I understand you can "manual" move thru the "range of marked". Further, there is another parameter (frame rate) which also comes into play. I am still suspecting cabling and ultimately data rate issue.
          I don't think the PS3 allows such a depth of user available settings..

Having said, the tv can be at fault as hdmi is suspectible to bad things like heat. Since you are able to get them to work a bit... perhaps you might want to try getting it working at say 720P and then hitting the area on the input board with some heat (hair dryer) and see if you can hasten the problem and go from there.
          I'll set that up.. I have a heat gun.. Give me a second...

Any particular area I should use the heat ray in??
          Attached Files

Comment

from my quick google that's what the first couple of screens point to.... but I have no experience with it.

As for heat, be careful... you can always "repeat a test" with more time / "light heat" as opposed to "cooking things" and ending up with a complete failure.
            I would target areas near the hdmi input / chips that switch those signals closed by.

further, your suggested test using "vga / component rgb" type signals by pass the hdmi switching chips and head toward the vga processing which is the final processing of signals before they head out to the panel / elsewhere. Does that test (at say 720p / 1080p) work better?

Comment

Yea, Component video seems to work flawlessly....

Playing with the heat gun now...

Comment

well that narrows it down... probably quite a bit.... since rgb bypasses hdcp which hdmi can't / doesn't. Since you can "readily" duplicate the "signal not compatible issue"... in terms of time... which you seem to indicate is about 10 minutes... it appears to me to be possibly an hdcp issue which normally should just "blank" the screen as opposed to an error "flag"... but maybe there is something else in play. I would try some other source... even a cheap dvd player that can do upscaling to 720 / 1080. Game "based boxes" have some great potential both "up and down". :-)

Further, frame rate which is governed by the source may not be happening well which is causing an issue with the display.
                Last edited by budwich; 04-10-2018, 01:27 PM.

Comment

well that narrows it down... probably quite a bit.... since rgb bypasses hdcp which hdmi can't / doesn't. Since you can "readily" duplicate the "signal not compatible issue"... in terms of time... which you seem to indicate is about 10 minutes... it appears to me to be possibly an hdcp issue which normally should just "blank" the screen as opposed to an error "flag"... but maybe there is something else in play. I would try some other source... even a cheap dvd player that can do upscaling to 720 / 1080. Game "based boxes" have some great potential both "up and down". :-)

Further, frame rate which is governed by the source may not be happening well which is causing an issue with the display.
                  I'll check it with a BluRay player later this morning..

Gonna be sharing the time with a Vizio 70" that (I hope) has a TCON issue..

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=68775

Was expecting the part tomorrow, but will be here today..

So, hopefully I'll get lucky with both..

Comment

OK, I hooked up a BluRay player to the TV with an HDMI output... It came up just fine... I got sidetracked on other issues and when I came back to it, the screen had shut off by the BR player.. I pushed a button on the BR player and then the SHARP came up with the INCOMPATIBLE VIDEO SIGNAL error..

I am going to see if I can fiddle with the BR player and get it to display in 720p or 1080p... But I am beginning to get the idea that this SHARP only likes 480p...

EDIT: Yep.. The TV does not like 720p+ Froze up after just a few mins...
                    Last edited by Michale32086; 04-11-2018, 08:54 AM.

Comment

:-( i had a similar model that had a main board issue such that it only processed low res, not rgb or hdmi. board replacement solved issue... even firmware which was possible on 60u series didn't help.
                      its got to be near in around hdmi input / switch because you indicate rgb wirks fine which is the final video stage for processing before sending towards panel. might still try heating the area.

Comment

I am doing a hail-mary reflow of the board right now...

If that doesn't work, I'll probably dig around for a new board or just shelf it until a compatible sharp with a cracked screen comes thru..

Thanx again....

Comment

No joy... I think I am just gonna slap this back together and sell it cheap as a nice TV with no HDMI.....

Thanx again to all for the assist...

Comment

Don't have the Sharp Aquos but had this problem with another brand. Tried everything that I could think of then finally changed the HDMI cable. Have had no problems since then

Comment

Working...
                            X