Desktop Low Framerate Unknown Cause

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop Low Framerate Unknown Cause

I've been going nuts trying to figure out what the bottleneck on my pc is and I'm hoping someone can offer some experience to help me out.

My pc parts list is Asus M5A99FX pro R2.0 motherboard, AMD FX-8350 CPU, 16GB 1066Mhz DDR3 RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Graphics card.

Me and some friends play an FTB modpack and I'm getting about 30FPS on average. My CPU is only at about 50% usage and it's using all 8 cores equally. RAM isn't maxed out. My graphics card is only at about 40% usage. None of my drives are being maxed out or causing a slowdown.

I have no idea why the frame rate is so bad considering my Lenovo Legion Y530 with a 1050ti card can achieve 150FPS on the exact same settings and game.

If there's any benchmarks you guys think I should run to give me an idea to what is slowing me down, advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    canadaboy25

-Sometimes the light at the end of a tunnel is an on-coming train

Re: Desktop Low Framerate Unknown Cause

Originally posted by canadaboy25 View Post
    I've been going nuts trying to figure out what the bottleneck on my pc is and I'm hoping someone can offer some experience to help me out.

My pc parts list is Asus M5A99FX pro R2.0 motherboard, AMD FX-8350 CPU, 16GB 1066Mhz DDR3 RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Graphics card.

Me and some friends play an FTB modpack and I'm getting about 30FPS on average. My CPU is only at about 50% usage and it's using all 8 cores equally. RAM isn't maxed out. My graphics card is only at about 40% usage. None of my drives are being maxed out or causing a slowdown.

I have no idea why the frame rate is so bad considering my Lenovo Legion Y530 with a 1050ti card can achieve 150FPS on the exact same settings and game.

If there's any benchmarks you guys think I should run to give me an idea to what is slowing me down, advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    I suspect power management issues.
    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 10-23-2018, 12:24 AM.
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
      I suspect power management issues.
      I'm not sure what you mean. Are you referring to an underpowered power supply?
      canadaboy25

-Sometimes the light at the end of a tunnel is an on-coming train

Comment

Originally posted by canadaboy25 View Post
        I'm not sure what you mean. Are you referring to an underpowered power supply?
        Nope, no worries for the PSU. It's the power management settings in the BIOS and Windows...
        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
        X