Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASUS ROG G14 (GA401) battery spark, dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASUS ROG G14 (GA401) battery spark, dead.

Ok will be good , keep us posted on the results.

Good luck
    Last edited by Stevedb; 04-25-2022, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevedb View Post
      Ok will be good , keep us posted on the results.

Good luck
      Thank you, didn't have the time yesterday, I'll get i done today

Comment

No problem

Comment

Removed the charging IC, and phase is still very low resistance, and short is still present on board
          Last edited by jacobtc; 04-26-2022, 10:31 AM.

Comment

That is not good. Do you have a power supply and thermal camera, because i think it is time to inject voltage if pin phase still is shorted or if anyone else another idea?

Comment

That is not good. Do you have a power supply and thermal camera, because i think it is time to inject voltage if pin phase still is shorted or if anyone else another idea?
              Yes, I do have a power supply and thermal camera, but I'm afraid that I could damage something, as was previously mentioned in this thread.

Comment

Yes we will wait a bit what the others say. But i think you will have a most likely shorted capacitor or maybe another component on that line maybe when you inspect board and trace track back maybe you can see something damage. Is there shematic available or boardview or repairguide.?

Comment

Yes we will wait a bit what the others say. But i think you will have a most likely shorted capacitor or maybe another component on that line maybe when you inspect board and trace track back maybe you can see something damage. Is there shematic available or boardview or repairguide.?
                  I have not been able to find any schematics or board views. It is a fairly new laptop, so information is limited.

Comment

It is strange does asus gaming laptops fails so a lot.

Comment

It is strange does asus gaming laptops fails so a lot.
                      Yeah, got this for cheap, and it works with USB C charging, but that won't allow it to use the gpu 100%

Comment

Mosfets connected to phase pin checked?? All caps near charging ic checked?? If yes, proceed with voltage injection of 1V.

Comment

Just meassured this morning again, and the cap connected on the phase pin, is only shorted on the side of the pin, not the other side, how does this make sense? I would have thought that the cap would have been shorted on both sides, but it seems like the phase pin is shorted to ground, but not the cap?

Also, where should I inject voltage?
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by jacobtc; 04-27-2022, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                            Mosfets connected to phase pin checked?? All caps near charging ic checked?? If yes, proceed with voltage injection of 1V.
                            Checked this caps a while back, the ones that were shorted before removing the charging IC is still shorted. I will check mosfets at charging area when I get home.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Check if those mosfets are shorted? Like i show you on the picture how to check mosfet. Otherwise inject 1v 2a and see with thermal camera what is getting hot do not exceed 1v.

Good luck

Comment

Check if those mosfets are shorted? Like i show you on the picture how to check mosfet. Otherwise inject 1v 2a and see with thermal camera what is getting hot do not exceed 1v.

Good luck
                                Should I inject voltage on drain on one of the mosfets? Are there any rules to where injection would be best?

Comment

First measure the mosfets maybe you find the shorted one without injecting voltage. You need to do 3 measurements on each nosfet because it could be that drain is conected to ground which can be normal.

Comment

First of all, thanks for the support guys!

Got some new measurements, all mosfets in the area are shorted, so I'm guessing they are fine?
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Shorted is not good he. I think It is time to inject voltage i would inject 1v/2a on the capacitors. Do not exceed1v but amperage you can increase.

Comment

Shorted is not good he. I think It is time to inject voltage i would inject 1v/2a on the capacitors. Do not exceed1v but amperage you can increase.
                                        Does it matter which side of the cap I inject voltage on?

Comment

Originally posted by jacobtc View Post
                                          The green resister meassured 0.25 Ohm

The first mosfet after DC IN is a PKCH2BB, the second one is a M3058M

EDIT: The first mosfet meassures 0.6V in Diode mode, and the second one meassures 0.5V.

EDIT: I will have a thermal camera at my disposal next week, so voltage injection would be a possibility, if that would help the troubleshooting.
                                          Yes you need to get system side of the capacitor which is not connected to ground.

Comment

Working...
                                          X