Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GA-8IK1100 (Rev. 2.x) sudden shutdown

Good day, fellow bad-recappers
    I got this other socket 478 based on intel 875p chipset that works quite good except for a weird issue.
    The matter is that this board, after booting whatever m$ os I install, tends to shut down all of a sudden, but in the sense of pulling the power cord, not the normal OS shut down.
    I managed to get how to reproduce the issue manually with an utility, RMAClock, that is not so necessary, but it happens also when updating the antivirus, a Kaspersky 2013.
    The bad behaviour happen more likely when the board have 1 gb single channeled, but when I tried with 2 gb dual channel it didn't happen when updating the A.V., so I let it go as this until now.
    Now happened that one of the ram stick went bad (completely no POST, when alone with that stick), so I reverted back to 1 Gb stick single channel and the behaviour happened again when A.V. updating.
    Oh, by the way: when using RMAclock, I found that the thing happen just when I set duty cycle to 50%.
    Temps are monitored with Open Hardware Monitor 0.6.0 beta even tho I don't think is so reliable, but I guess I can trust it when showing a sensor saying 40° C more or less...

Rest of the specs are:
    CPU P4 Prescott 3 GHz HT
    GPU Geforce 6200 256Mb AGP 8x (good working everywhere)
    2 x HDD 250 Gb Maxtor (still good working both)
    400 W good working PSU
    OS W7 x32 SP1 up-to-date

I tried to: change CPU (I tried even a cheap-ass-uberslow Celeron 1.7GHz Willamette core!), change GPU, new OS installation in different hard drive, change PSU with another good working PSU (a brand new 450 W). Memtest 86+ v4.20 gets no errors both on single either on dual channel, passing all the tests.
    I even tried to install in the different HDD winXP sp3, still to no avail.
    Btw, I tried, when I could, the cpu, gpu, etc.etc. with the Asus P4P800-SE, and it didn't have the same behaviour, so to say that it is something mobo related.
    Lastly, when I got the board I immediately flashed the bios to the last on both eeproms, but I tried to revert back to the one I found on it (don't remember what, now) with no luck. Now it's again with the latest bios version.

Thanks for reading me, I hope to find someone with a fix to this.
    Last edited by Ranmamez; 10-14-2013, 08:35 PM.

Re: GA-8IK1100 (Rev. 2.x) sudden shutdown

Sorry, I forgot to write that it's a Gigabyte mobo, but now I can't modify the post anymore.

Comment

Re: GA-8IK1100 (Rev. 2.x) sudden shutdown

Tried recapping it?Bad caps lead to such problems.

For example,I had a Epox EP-4PLA3I motherboard back before the one I have right now on my second system,and I was experiencing just LOADS of problems,like freezing,rebooting and it couldn't install Windows.What caused this?6 bad OST caps and 3 fake (I think)Sanyo caps.The Sanyo caps I suspect being fake because they have K shaped vents.I ended up replacing the board with a Chaintech MPM800 motherboard,because this one at least works better.Also it came with 2 free parts:a stock Intel HSF and a 2.66GHz Celeron D!

Also,nice system there.Pretty cool to see a low end gaming system that is based on a Pentium 4,though,if you feel that the games go slow,get a Radeon HD 4670 or 3670 on AGP,but if you feel alright with what you have,then it's good.
      Main rig:
      Gigabyte B75M-D3H
      Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
      Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
      16GB DDR3-1600
      Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
      FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
      120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
      Delux MG760 case

Comment

Working...
      X