Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fastest Secure Wipe?

Originally posted by jondoe View Post
    IIRC, the guidance was updated about 2 years ago, which is fairly recent in the grand scheme of things. The security services of the UK refresh equipment very frequently (weeks and months, not years), so I don't think your cute NORAD anecdote is relevant in this instance.
    So, to be clear, you think ANYTHING and EVERYTHING the government does is current and accurate and universally applicable to all situations, right?

Nice to see you have so much blind faith in them!

Did you get your RDA of essential vitamins and nutrients, today? And, have you obeyed all posted speed limits (remember, they are for your own good!)?

To the OP: Obviously, jondoe is the expert here -- and probably everywhere else, as well! Please heed his advice on the matter. But please do let us know how long that "fastest secure wipe" took you to complete so we can all base our future potential disk sales on that information -- and opt to just discard rather than wipe when the estimated time involved becomes excessive (or, when a wiped sector fails to verify and we are left with no alternative but to trash the drive).

[Or, we can choose to take other advice and actually make the sale ]

Comment

Originally posted by Curious.George View Post
      So, to be clear, you think ANYTHING and EVERYTHING the government does is current and accurate and universally applicable to all situations, right?]
      No, I didn't say that, you're implying that as it fits your diatribe, but whatever.

OP can take whosoever advice on the matter he/she/it wants, opinions are like arse holes, everyone's got one, and I guess yours is bigger than mine

Comment

Originally posted by jondoe View Post
        No, I didn't say that, you're implying that as it fits your diatribe, but whatever.

OP can take whosoever advice on the matter he/she/it wants, opinions are like arse holes, everyone's got one, and I guess yours is bigger than mine
        Yours is just located beneath your nose...

Comment

Still smells cleaner than you :p

Comment

Working...
          X