Asrock B75M-DGS unexpected shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asrock B75M-DGS unexpected shutdown

At first visual inspection, I noticed that the board has a distinct odor of short circuit, it has 2 pins slightly bent and not give DSUB and DVI video signal.
    But she start smoothly with dedicated video card.
    When running a Win 7 64-bit, I encountered shutdown after a period of between 10 and 30 minutes, randomly.
    I monitored temperatures and noticed that PCH is very hot. I mounted a strong Delta fan, which keeps cooler cold, but the shutdown phenomenon has not disappeared.
    I checked all the VRM: 83T03GH, 73T03GH, 9T16AGH, and all seem to be good.
    What would be the explanation for this behavior?
    Attached Files

Re: Asrock B75M-DGS unexpected shutdown

have u pulled the pch heatsink and reapplied the thermal paste? sometimes tim applications from the factory are just terrible. they have to do a quick and sloppy job in those sweatshops to keep pushing out as many boards as possible.

Comment

I will try tomorrow, but I do not think my Delta (at 4500rpm feel like flying) cannot keep cool that PCH , even without radiator .
      Rather it is a earlier problem, so I can not explain that not give video signal from i3 3220 processor...

Comment

Remove the Southbridge heatsink. Is it flip-chip type? If yes, it's probably on its way out due to bad BGA between substrate and core (due to overheating multiple times). The only thing you can try is putting a much bigger heatsink on it (with good thermal compound).

Other thing I can think of is bad BGA in the LGA socket.

Comment

That's a PCH momaka, is something like a unified chip for the Mobo, what is weird is that they are cool chips from 2012...

Comment

A failed PCH can create this kind of problem, i have fixed a couple of these with a reflow (at least temporarily)

Comment

I dont have a cpu right now for testing. I'll try a reflow when I find one.
              Thank you.

Comment

What happened to your CPU?

Comment

I sold it with another motherboard

Comment

Lol

Comment

Working...