• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What caps are these?

How are they?

Re: What caps are these?

http://www.apaq.com.tw/
    Looks like 5K Series and EE series.
    No data sheets found but probably solid poly and I wouldn't worry about them.
    Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

Yup. Definately Apaq. They are polys, but only time will tell whether they are good polys.
      I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

I've never heard of a bad poly.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

Which motherboard is that?
          "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ View Post
            I've never heard of a bad poly.
            Fujitsu and Elite poly's are known for exploding under heavy conditions (overclocking on PSU's with bad caps). Trodas collected some examples here and on other sites too.
            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
            Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

kc8adu has also seen a few bad polys on boards.

Originally posted by kc8adu View Post
              I expect the cheap no name polys to fail early.
              the quality of materials is critical.
              already seen some shorted on an ecs board.
              I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
                Fujitsu and Elite poly's are known for exploding under heavy conditions (overclocking on PSU's with bad caps). Trodas collected some examples here and on other sites too.
                The early Fujitsu Hybrid Polymers did have occasional problems but those aren't solid polymer.
                They were wet and their problem was moisture leaking IN.

As to your thread try reading it.
                The only bad polys there were blown by a bad PSU. It says so.
                Last edited by PCBONEZ; 08-16-2010, 07:16 AM.

-

- Dr Seuss
                -
                -

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
                  kc8adu has also seen a few bad polys on boards.
                  What do you expect. - He works on industrial equipment.
                  Factory/machine shop conditions can blow any cap especially when morons block vents let chips and other crap into the mobo bay.

I haven't seen a 'bad brand' of poly caps. - None.

Lytics fail because they are full of liquid that undergoes chemical reactions usually by reacting with impurities in the aluminum.

Solid Polymers got no liquid.
                  Same failure modes -> can't happen.

-

- Dr Seuss
                  -
                  -

Comment

Thanks Bonez

Originally posted by mockingbird View Post
                    Which motherboard is that?
                    Asus M4N75TD

Comment

Working...
                    X