Lenovo L340-15IRH won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo L340-15IRH won't start

Hi all, I got a laptop Lenovo L340-15IRH FG541 FG741 NM-C361, bios chip is mx25l12872f. Previous owner said that he enabled bios back flash in bios settings and laptop not working now. When you press power button - it will blink continuosly, also blue light on the left sight of laptop blinking, fans will spin and cpu is getting warm, however display is all blank and pc is not responding to keyboad.
    I tried to remove battery and cmos, change ram and flash bios with official dumps from this forum with my ch34a1. The behavior of laptop is changing depeding on firmware, however is still won't boot properly. Could anyone please advice if the issue is in bios and do I also need to flash EC? Attached the original bios dump
    Attached Files

Re: Lenovo L340-15IRH won't start

L340-15irh
    Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Sorry but it did not helped, symptoms are the same. Also upon flash verifying it keeps sayin "Chip main memory with the contents are in disagreement."

Comment

so the cause is not bios, this is a completely clean bios.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by Crabolog View Post
          Sorry but it did not helped, symptoms are the same. Also upon flash verifying it keeps sayin "Chip main memory with the contents are in disagreement."
          Use NeoProgrammer or ASProgrammer software, choose the chip manually,not auto detect.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...33&postcount=6
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...6&postcount=10
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-27-2022, 02:10 AM.
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Bios + DMI .
            Attached Files
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thanks to everyone, was able to resolve the issue using ASProgrammer and Bios + DMI bin from this thread.

Comment

help, please!

L340 15IRH NM-C361 rev 1.0 model.

no post, no display. power led turns on, kbd backlight turns on, then off again. fans turn on, off, then stays on. RAM and processor warms up, but nothing on display. not sure what happened to this, but definitely stopped working after upgrading the m.2 SSD and RAM. removed the new SSD, and replaced the RAM with the original does not resolve the issue.

was able to retrieve the firmware from BIOS for you to check. please check if it needs cleaning or fixing.

please help!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by droidxxvii View Post
                  help, please!

L340 15IRH NM-C361 rev 1.0 model.

no post, no display. power led turns on, kbd backlight turns on, then off again. fans turn on, off, then stays on. RAM and processor warms up, but nothing on display. not sure what happened to this, but definitely stopped working after upgrading the m.2 SSD and RAM. removed the new SSD, and replaced the RAM with the original does not resolve the issue.

was able to retrieve the firmware from BIOS for you to check. please check if it needs cleaning or fixing.

please help!
                  L340-15IRH Gaming Laptop (ideapad)
                  Attached Files

Comment

thanks! will try this, and will let you guys know what happened next.
                    keeping my fingers crossed!

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post

Comment

so, i erased the chip and reflashed this, and i still have the same issue.

it still does not continue posting, power led still blinks continuously, kbd lights up then turns off, fan turns on, off then back on again.

what could be causing this?

Comment

so, i erased the chip and reflashed this, and i still have the same issue.

it still does not continue posting, power led still blinks continuously, kbd lights up then turns off, fan turns on, off then back on again.

what could be causing this?
                        So you're having a different problem, not a bios error.

Comment

i cannot make that assumption as i do not know what could cause the system not to POST. if it wasn't POSTing, shouldn't it have been triggered by a fault in the BIOS?

So you're having a different problem, not a bios error.

Comment

i cannot make that assumption as i do not know what could cause the system not to POST. if it wasn't POSTing, shouldn't it have been triggered by a fault in the BIOS?
                            The file I've posted is fully unzipped from Lenovo's homepage so it can't be faulted.

Comment

if it is as you say it is, then what could likely be the cause of this? if it wasn't the BIOS, would there be any other that would cause this issue? i've taken the offending upgrade parts and reinstalled the known good ones so i know they are stable.

The file I've posted is fully unzipped from Lenovo's homepage so it can't be faulted.

Comment

lenovo l340-15ırh factory ıd:JVHFC1

The device turns on, but the CPU voltage does not come out.

Do you have the possibility to fix the bios file, I would like to try
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gungor1981tr View Post
                                  lenovo l340-15ırh factory ıd:JVHFC1

The device turns on, but the CPU voltage does not come out.

Do you have the possibility to fix the bios file, I would like to try
                                  Virgin bios with your DMI added
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Virgin bios with your DMI added
                                    Is there a suitable ec file for this?cpu and gpu voltages are coming out, I just can't get an image, I want to try if you have an ec file that you are sure is working, or if this motherboard has an original ec file

Comment

Originally posted by gungor1981tr View Post
                                      Is there a suitable ec file for this?cpu and gpu voltages are coming out, I just can't get an image, I want to try if you have an ec file that you are sure is working, or if this motherboard has an original ec file
                                      Virgin EC file
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Does it work if we read and write ec from a system that works differently to this device?
                                        Does he definitely want the ec file according to the serial number

Comment

Working...
                                        X