This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, my name is Daniel, and I am a software engineer, getting into the field of electronics.
    I collect old computers for a hobby, and would like to be able to do repairs on them to keep them alive.

Comment

Hello All...

Name here is Chuck and I have been tinkering since 1975 and became a licensed Amateur Radio Operator (HAM) back in 1977.

After completing a couple of years of college for my Associates degree in firefighting I started another major in Information Management (Computer Science) and in a couple of years had my Associates degree in that. I figured now that I know how to operate one of these "computer" things (this was in the mid 1980's) I might as well learn what's inside one so I started my third major in Electronics Technology and once again received an Associates degree.

After all of this education I spent a little over 40 years in fire fighting and doing installs, repairs, and modifications to emergency service computer and radio systems and equipment between my firefighting duties.

Now that I am retired I have been repairing computer monitors, computers and peripherals, televisions, stoves, refrigerators, washing machines, and anything else that isn't working. I have found that I have had to reverse engineer almost everything I work on these days because schematics are few and far between which means the projects take considerably longer than they should.

Well, enough about me for now and I look forward to helping and learning from as many people as I can.

Have a Great Day...

Chuck

Comment

Hello everyone!

I am enixjoe.
        a new member~

Comment

Found this site when looking for BIOS password info for a laptop.

Looks to be a goldmine of useful info, way beyond my original search, as I'm long term interested in both electronics and computing.

Thanks to the team for running such an amazing resource!

Comment

Hi guys, I'm new here, my major is software, but I'm also interested in hardware, and I hope to learn more here

Comment

Hi all,

I'm a new member from Italy.

I found this very nice and interesting forum.
              I hope to learn and expand my very low skills!

Greetings,
              Andy

Comment

Hello everyone!
                currently, I am working here is KSA.
                I found this website when searching for bios files.

Comment

Hi Everyone. Looks like a very active forum.
                  Qualified as an electronics engineer many years but now hardly use it. Hoping to relight the spark...

Comment

Hi,

My name is Chris and I'm from Ireland. I'm just starting to learn about board repair and the like so I've come here to learn from some pros. I heard about this forum from YouTuber Learn Electronics Repair who is a member and frequent poster here.

He recommended this forum for information, help, boardviews and schematics among other things so here I am!

Thanks very much,
                    Chris

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm new to site and need some help with a TV. Searching online lead me here. Hope you guys can help.

Comment

Hi, I’m a new member. Greetz

Comment

Hi, I'm new member from Finland.

Comment

Hi
                            I have been a member for a while and when I got stuck with a question in electronics I always turn to this site and was amazed to find the correct answer to my needs for what I am very great full to all members.
                            Thanks

Comment

Hello, new to the forum. Always been interested in self repair and getting into smaller component repair now. 31 Texas. Just here to learn.

Comment

Ciao a tutti ragazzi mi chiamo Antonio e sono Italiano sono un'appassionato di elettronica e mi fa piacere seguire questo forum.

Comment

I bought a used hp notebook, unfortunately have a locked bios. Although it do not cause normal daily use. I just don't like the device have thing that I cannot see. Saw hp offciall reply for unlock need to change the main board. The. Saw the post seem like can dump and unlock.

Comment

Hello im new here

Comment

Hi all, I'm from Dublin and hope to have a nice time in this forum!

Comment

how many times do you have to post before someone start a thread?

Comment

hello from mexico, congratulations for youir forum, is grfeat!

Comment

Working...
                                          X