Viewsonic VA1616W driver board burned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewsonic VA1616W driver board burned

Hi everyone, i connected my va1616w monitor to netbook and it burned components of the driver board in the vga port area, i think i bad connected the cable by mistake. After this the monitor power on but never receives signal from computer or any connected to vga port.

I didn't find schematics of the driver board. Also i tried a universal lcd controller (mt6820-t) board with the panel but it was not supported. This is repairable or the board is dead? Thanks in advance. Images of the board:

Re: Viewsonic VA1616W driver board burned

give it a good cleaning

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
      give it a good cleaning

I found board schematic, what value would be r12 and r9?
      Last edited by r38_; 08-20-2022, 01:37 PM.

Comment

The resistors are likely 75Ω, but they won't be the problem, I suspect the ic RTL2525LH that is connected to these lines has been destroyed. Buy a new replacement board from aliExp.
        Last edited by R_J; 08-20-2022, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
          The resistors are likely 75Ω, but they won't be the problem, I suspect the ic that is connected to these lines has been destroyed. Buy a new replacement board from aliExp.
          I thought about it, but i didn't found any replacement board in aliexpress or other sites

Comment

Is this not the same board? https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4001097110422.html, You may need to swap the spi ic U6

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
              Is this not the same board? https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4001097110422.html, You may need to swap the spi ic U6
              Yes, that's the same board. Unfortunately, the board + shipment + import costs, the final price is $60~, which i think is not worth it for a 15' lcd monitor.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Comment

It seems odd to me that connecting the vga cable did this, there should only be video signals of around 1v p/p on these lines.

Comment

Most likely I connected the VGA cable to a hot one (the laptop was connected to the network via an adapter and the monitor was connected to the network).

Comment

Have you checked the values of R9, R12 and R15? that may not be your problem. Check the voltage on (1_8AVCC1)1.8v and (3_3VCC1) 3.3v
                    Last edited by R_J; 08-20-2022, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X