Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mitsubishi LT-55154 Blinking Green Light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mitsubishi LT-55154 Blinking Green Light?

Hi Guys. Very interesting. Just got an LT-46164. It has the green blinking light of death. It has been sitting in a friends closet for 3 years. She was watching it and it died all of a sudden. I will keep you guys in the loop as far as my repairs. I have hot air station and will give this a try. Thanks for the great post. Cheers.

Comment

Just wanted to add to this thread.

Was given a Mitsubishi LT-55154 by a good friend with his wishes being. I hope you can get it working. Be a shame if it went to the trash. Oddly enough he had 2 and one got little use. So he swapped em out.

I initially suspected bad PS caps. But upon opening it the PS board looked great.

So I stated googling and came upon this thread.

I was surprised to learn the GPU was known for over heating and causing BGA issues over time. This is a VERY common issue with HT receivers that also have HDMI connections.

I used my usual over method. I really need to invest in a decent hot air workstation.

Worked like a charm.

As others noted the RCA jacks take a beating. I popped the color rings from the center out completely. They become loose after drilling the hole in my case. So out they went. Jacks still work its no big deal. But the mounts themselves also wilt a good deal. Thankfully they held form enough. But a couple securing screws no longer lined up. Oh well.

This is another reason I need that hot air station. Used to only baking boards without plastic jacks.

Another FYI I also did the firmware upgrade via USB stick. TV was on 12.04 and the update is up to 12.08. As another person noted it creates a weird loop that when you turn the TV on it constantly goes to the USB media option. And resetting doesnt fix that. I simply put a image on a USB drive and that got it into a new menu. Also HDMI ports become active with an active connection going into them. The input menu is rather misleading IMO. So dont be alarmed if you cannot "enable" an HDMI port. It still works.

Thanks again to all in this thread. Hope it continues to help others.

Comment

Just wanted to report that I tried the "8 minutes in the oven at 385F", and my LT-55154 came back to life! Still need to put it back together, but I ordered some thermal tape and a 25mm 12V fan to put on the GPU, so waiting on those before reassembly. My neighbor had put the TV out for trash pick-up. I had read about some other Mitsubishi's having cap issues causing a green flashing LED, so I kinda hoped I'd be able to coax by son into fixing it, but turned out the power supplies were fine, and it took me a while to find this forum for something else to try. Bingo! Ironically, I worked for Broadcom from 2000-2016, albeit in the Bluetooth area. Our Bluetooth chips didn't get too hot, but I was familiar with Broadcom TV chips as I was heavily involved in using Bluetooth for active 3D glasses, which debuted in 2011. I believe Broadcom got out of the TV biz when Avago acquired them in 2016. Anyway, thanks! Especially to Mazdaspeed for the oven trick!

Comment

Good work, that fan is a fine solution.

Comment

Hey I know this thread is old, but I just needed to pop in to say thank you and let you know that I had a co-worker bring me a LT-40164 which had unresponsive HDMI ports. Based on the information in this thread I chucked the main board in the oven for 9 minutes at 385f and what would you know? Works like a charm. Man, I just can't believe it. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X