X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba regza lcd tv 37wl68e Color problem

Hello,

I have Toshiba LCD TV Model 37wl68e,
    Could someone please advise what could cause invert colors on lcd tv display beside t-con board and factory reset parameters.

I have run build in diagnostic test using service menu and main board seems to be ok, also sound is ok and backlight ccfl ok.

your help will be appreciated,

Regards

Oran
    Attached Files

Re: Toshiba regza lcd tv 37wl68e Color problem

What is the history and what did you do to that TV for it to end up like this? Did you replace the main board?
    Last edited by CapLeaker; 10-18-2016, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Hello,

This is my first thread,your help will be very much appreciated ,
      Recently my friend gave me TV to fix,
      Toshiba model 37wl68e, when i turn on the TV i couldn't see anything on screen the menu was very dark,but sound was ok when i plug in an hdmi streamer the colors were very dark.
      The led in front of the screen was solid green which means power supply was ok.
      I have replaced the t-con board model t370xw02 v1 with used part that i bought from ebay,when i turn on the tv i could see picture but with negative colors,
      I have entered the service menu and run self diagnostic test and all test result were OK.
      I initialize all the params by selecting the model id of the tv 37wl68a,but the colors was invert.
      Is the t-con that i bought malfunction?
      I bought 2 T-con boards from the same seller replaced them both the same color problems occur.
      the ribbon between the main board and the t-con board looks fine.
      no visual damage of electric components on main board and t-con board.
      I didn't replace the main board yet...

Please advice

Thank you

Comment

To me it looks like something isn't setup properly in the service menu. If you look at your first picture, Yellow is Blue, and Blue is Yellow, Green is Magenta, and Magenta is Green and so on. That is weird. My guess is that either the service menu isn't set correctly, wrong or bad firmware / main board.

Try flashing the latest firmware on that board and see what that gives.

Comment

I had a very similar problem when I fitted a replacement mainboard on a set. It was set up for a different panel. I removed the EEprom from the faulty board and exchanged it for the one on the replacement board and the picture returned to normal.
          Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

That's why I asked if he exchanged the main board before.

Comment

Working...
            X