Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp 60" LCD TV Aquos LC-60LE650U image issues

Hi,
    I have a Sharp 60" TV Model LC-60LE650U LCD TV. The picture is darker, distorted and keeps getting horizontal dark flashing lines or bands.

The things I have done:

1. Tap and twist the edges screen, nothing happens and picture remained the same.
    2. Ordered new T-con card, problem remains.
    3. I thought of taking one ribbon out of the t-Con and turn the unit on, then half of the screen went white and the other half remained having the same problem.
    4. I put the one I disconnected back, and disconnected the other one ... then half of the screen went white, and the other have was perfectly fine nice picture.
    5. hm, that got me thinking may be the ribbon is the problem, so I switch ribbons, but that did not have any effect on the previous results. Ribbons acted the same when switched.

Any idea what could be the problem? Since one half of the screen works perfectly when the defected half is disconnected, why when we connect both the whole screen goes bad?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: Sharp 60" LCD TV Aquos LC-60LE650U image issues

Well sadly that is a sign of panel failure. Maybe at the very least you could try pressing on the tab bonds to see if the picture comes back.

I'm surprised I don't see too many sharp panels fail. Mainly AUO and Samsung.
    Last edited by freakaftr8; 02-16-2015, 01:32 PM.
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Thank you freakaftr8 for your replay,
      If you look at the last picture, it shows half the panel working fine when the other half is unplugged. That made me rule out the panel failure. Pressing on the tab bonds does not make any difference.

Comment

Yes but if there us a short in the panel on the bad side this will take down the drive voltages and functions that the tcon uses to drive the panel causing both sides to display the problem. Kind if like mirroring the image.
        Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Thank you very much for the info. I appreciate it.

Comment

Can't be some shorted capacitor on the panel's PCB?

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
              Yes but if there us a short in the panel on the bad side this will take down the drive voltages and functions that the tcon uses to drive the panel causing both sides to display the problem. Kind if like mirroring the image.
              ----------------------
              freakaftr8 seemed to be confident that the panel was the problem. So I did not want to waste much more time on it. Decided to part it.

Comment

Hi i have the same exact tv and my tv is flashing 2 slow lights 5 fast lights, i have zero picture at all , when plugged into cable it shows sharp logo then goes black , i tried a new power supply board but didnt help i unplugged the tcon board and the screen lights up for a few then shuts off

Comment

I have same issue with right ribbon disconnected the tv remanis on only left side got video on right its primarily white.I gus theres a short beyond that point.Otherwise i have also 2 short and 5 long pulses and unit wont power up.Thanks for good info guys this site rocks.

Comment

May be a candidate for surgery, check the threads.

Comment

You could remove the tabs on either the left or right side of the panel. You need to figure out wich side of the panel is bad and remove those tabs on the side ( 3 or 4 small tabs ).
                      I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Mine was same as your pic abe700 tried switch to other side no luck.Saved all boards rest trashed

Comment

i think something can be made, if you want i had a similar issue and solved in a difficult manner, search for Sony kdl-60ex700 for info. Not sure if same problem, surely similar but different screen model.

Comment

that was likely a mistake.... but it depends on what you wanted to do with the set. This is a old thread... since then people have found easy ways to save the set. Just swapping tcon to panel cables isn't doing nothing other than checking which side of the set gives the "best" picture.... from there you need to remove the tabs of the offending side.
                            Anyways, the boards are probably OK.

Comment

Working...
                            X