This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hi.to all on this forum.i am just old guy like to poke aroud ,no degree in elec.so...62 year medical unfit .board,back operation gone bad

Comment

In need of help with my LG 50PS3000

Comment

Hi,
        I am a hobbyist located in India. I like to open and repair electronic items from time to time.
        I have enjoyed reading discussions on this forum and hope I can join in.
        With best wishes.
        spdy

Comment

Hello to everyone here and pleased to be here and believed I will have a lot to gain in this from

Comment

Hello for everyone.Thank you for the reception.

Comment

Hi guys
              My name is kamran ali and i m new here
              I m 33 years old
              I basically from pakistan but leaving in Malaysia working with a large format printing company since 11 years
              I have experience from childhood to repairing those electronic thing computer leptop lcd tv those house used thing
              I saw this grup on google when i was searching about plasma tv power board to fix i really heappy to get this grup and all of you experience guys here.
              I would like to thanks admin to approve me to be a member
              My hobbyist to learning all electronic board working principles
              I hop get more knowledge fix those electronic board.

Comment

Hello World,

My name is Zach and I am from Jacksonville, FL, USA. I've been working in computer / electronics for about 8 years now. Started out with a soldering iron from Radioshack and now finally upgraded to a HAKKO FM-204 this year!

Even though I've learned a lot through the years, I still want to continue to expand my knowledge and skills when it comes to board level repairs, and not just swap out boards when I can't figure out an issue.

I've definitely read threads from here in the past, that have helped me out. So I figured I'd finally decided to make an account to join in on the discussion, and try and give back to the community.

Thank you,
                Zach

Comment

Comment

This is David from Plant City, FL.

Comment

Hi, I used to play with electronics years and would like to get more serious about actually doing things instead of just remembering how it used to be fun.

Comment

Thank you for your welcome message (Tomcat).
                        I found this forum by doing some searches related with a failure of my Philips 42 inch TV power board.
                        I have some knowledge, but not enough as to get into electronics discussions with experts here.

Comment

Originally posted by jalsina View Post
                          Thank you for your welcome message (Tomcat).
                          I found this forum by doing some searches related with a failure of my Philips 42 inch TV power board.
                          I have some knowledge, but not enough as to get into electronics discussions with experts here.
                          Sorry. It´s Topcat

Comment

Hi All, Great place..

I hope to get some help with my repairs and help others with the knowledge or files that i have.
                            Mainly fixing apple products as a hobby when i'm on my "off shift" from my work. Its SOOOO fun every time you get a broken computer to work again.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I came here looking for a solution for my APC Back-UPS RS 800 - a clicking relay sound... what do you know, I found it!!! Also grabbed the circuit diagram fro the UPS - which is really useful. The comments in https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46105 really are good - especially from user Duckbill.
                              Seems to be a bunch a great folks here, willing to share - so signed up, and I'm going to share any repair/diagnostics that I will be doing.

About me...
                              My work life started In New Zealand as an apprentice electronics technician, and after 7000 hours (from memory) of work and many exams, I became a fully qualified Industrial Electronics (with Radio) Technician. I was lucky enough to transfer into an R&D team dealing with variable speed AC motor controllers - specifically a patented current-controlled one.
                              Fast-worward... I'm now in the UK, and do computer systems design as a job.

I enjoy tinkering with anything that it 'tinkerable', and often that includes fixing electric and electronic equipment... I share the dislike others here have expressed of throwing things away that could be repaired - there really is a 'throw-away' culture, which I have witnessed worsening over my lifetime.

Interesting things that I built in my early years... a single-board Z80 processor project - called TEC-1. Have a google of 'TEC-1 Z80' and watch some YouTube videos of it. Added battery-backed static RAM card, a 8x8 LED matrix, and a relay board. Managed to program a scrolling text program for the 8x8 matrix, and also controlled an old VHS video recorder that has a wired remote control - with the relay board.

Look forward to sharing!

Bye for now!
                              Steven

Comment

New to the site - I am a Journeyman CET in consumer electronics for 40 years. Currently have a Sony KDL-55EX620. with 2 blinks. Everything says power supply so I checked and am getting the power on voltage and no 12 volts. Ordered a new supply and it was dead. So I sent it back and got another new one. With nothing plugged in except 120AC, I have no standby or ac_det ! WTF! 2 bad boards?

Comment

Hello to everyone, I've joined here to hopefully get a little help and advice with my faulty LG TV, I'll create a tread about it in the near future, it's driving me crazy.

Comment

Hello World, quick introduction, I am a software developer by trade and an electrical tinkerer by desire. What has brought me to your part of the world is a 2011 Samsung 59 inch Plasma TV. A few years back I had lighting take out the PCB-Board, I replaced that and the TV has continued to work great until about a week ago when my wife went to turn it on to watch Big Bang Theory, and it went Big Bang with a little bit of smoke after a few minutes. I of course am trying to fix it and fairly certain the issue is with the power board. I decided to take the board to a local TV repair shop first and see if they could fix it but that didn't go so well, namely the repair guy didn't even want to look at it without the whole TV and when I said I would just take the board and see about getting it repaired elsewhere that didn't go over well and my sense was he was up to no good. I had already found useful info on this board before I went in there so figure I will see if I can't fix it myself or buy one of the few ones of this board that seem to exists. So that is the short story long of it, I look forward to conversing with you all.

TPaul

Comment

Olá a todos os participantes!!!

Sou novo na área. Estou me dedicando ao conserto de celulares, PCs e Notebooks. Ainda estou aprendendo, e buscando conhecimento. É um ramo fascinante! Espero poder contar com a ajuda de vocês.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Happy to join the community.

I have a number of electronic devices that need fixing and joined the forum since I found the threads on the G4 MDD PS. I gather that capacitors on my vintage Scott amplifiers I might pick some brains a little too. I have been working in IT for yonks, started programming on Apple IIe back in the 70's now working from home as an IT consultant on all manners of subjects raging from Network setup to Quality/Efficiency of IT system management.
                                        At some point in my education I did a professional degree in Electronics but never used it as I promptly moved on to IT, I also hold several professional qualifications in high and low tension electricity. The thing is I can solder and use a voltmeter and diagnose a problem in my house but when it comes to electronic devices I struggle.

I live in France near the Swiss border where one can see Mont Blanc and the famous Geneva "jet d'eau" and the lake. Skiing in the winter is 15 mn away. I am now a stay at home spouse currently completing a self-built passive house.

I like motor sports, sci-fi, try to play bass guitar and golf. I have some experience in moderating on a tech junkies forum so hope my manners will be suitable.

Best regards to all.
                                        H.
                                        Signature loading, please wait ...

Comment

Hi, I am btrunner, from Arizona.
                                          Have a Panasonic VT30 plasma that has started to flicker on startup, seems to stabilize after 10-15 min. Looking for repair tips on this forum. Have done LCD cap repairs, laptop repairs, pretty handy so hopefully can keep this great TV going.
                                          Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X