Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the CRT monitor freaks - highest resolution you ran on your tube?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For the CRT monitor freaks - highest resolution you ran on your tube?

Originally posted by Dan81 View Post
    I don't want to die from the high voltages inside (seriously)
    It would be a quick painless death, so no worries. I promise!

Originally posted by eccerr0r
    It's slow however, seems like a 64-bit RAM data bus card.
    I looked it up - it's an e-GeForce 6200 256MB DDR2 AGP (made by e-VGA). Possibly the 256-A8-N341-LX model.
    Yes, it uses a 64-bit memory bus and it's the latter NV44 GPU with TurboCache (TC). Can't do the softmod on this one to unlock the 4 extra pixel shaders :\ .

Anyways, info here:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130233

And the 512 MB version:
    http://www.evga.com/Products/Product...512-a8-n403-lr

Originally posted by eccerr0r
    It's a spare... maybe I should dump the Rage.
    Rage is crap. Maybe way-back in the days it was okay. But today, I wouldn't use it for anything else other than a test card to check faulty motherboards.

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
    256MB 64-bit GeForce 6200, partially recapped.
    Do a full recap - even if it's with ChangX/ChongX/Chong-whatever caps. Those FZ caps are pure garbage. Guaranteed to pop.

Sorry about hijacking thread... just wonder if the RAMDAC in this is better for my CRT monitors
    That e-Gefore 6200 has a 400 MHz RAMDAC, whereas the Rage has 250 MHz (IIRC). Should be able to do higher resolutions (if needed) with the GF 6200, and yes, it probably does have a better image.

Originally posted by ChaosLegionnaire
    and lastly, please put a fan on that gf 6200. its affected by the bumpgate scandal which means NO operating at temperatures above 60°C or else u will get treated to an "abstract art painting" on your screen soon enuff...
    ^ What he said.
    Last edited by momaka; 02-03-2016, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Does that include Rage 128?

Comment

Yeah I was keeping the Rage Pro Turbo AGP (8MB) mostly as a test card, but perhaps now I can use the GeForce 6200 as a test card

Alas the Rage is probably quite a bit less power than the GeForce. The Rage has no heatsink, and I don't need to worry about it running into any cards right next to it.
        I also have a GeForce4 MX440 and a GeForce2 Ti but both these cards have fans. I think I also have a GeForce 5200 somewhere. I need to find something to do with these cards...

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
          I looked it up - it's an e-GeForce 6200 256MB DDR2 AGP (made by e-VGA). Possibly the 256-A8-N341-LX model.
          Yes, it uses a 64-bit memory bus and it's the latter NV44 GPU with TurboCache (TC). Can't do the softmod on this one to unlock the 4 extra pixel shaders :\ .
          yes, according to this link on wikipedia, eccerr0r has the geforce 6200A. the 'A' version of the 6200 is always on a 64 bit mem bus. ah~ nice memories looking at that gpu list too. excuse me while i stare at it for awhile and then scroll down and hiss and spit at the crappy newer cards~ hahaha~

Comment

Well, as far as I know I have 256MB on this card, which sort of conflicts with the 128M that the Wikipedia article seems to imply that the 6200A . I probably have the 6200LE "low excrement" edition?

Comment

run gpu-z with the driver installed to be sure. look at the number of shaders, texture units and rops then compare it to the list to be sure. evga could have used a non-standard, unofficially supported memory size...
              Last edited by ChaosLegionnaire; 02-04-2016, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately I no longer own any copies of Windows on a machine that can run the card. Hoping the data can be gleaned from debug output from nouveau.

Comment

Well, as far as I know I have 256MB on this card, which sort of conflicts with the 128M that the Wikipedia article seems to imply that the 6200A . I probably have the 6200LE "low excrement" edition?
                  That'd probably be 128 card and 128 Powercache. Powercache just uses some system ram as video ram and slows down the 6200 worse than it already was new.

Comment

try the following terminal commands on this page. from the device id e.g. [10de:xxxx] (rev xy), we should be able to figure out what card it is.

Comment

Finally installed the Vision Master Pro 514 (HM204DT) and it's pervert! Back to 1920x1440@85 baby…just have to get used to smaller texts once again lol. But I am looking forward to all those FullHD movies again in full quality!
                      Last edited by Behemot; 04-29-2016, 05:47 AM.
                      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                      Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Ever done 150hZ?
                        Don't buy those $10 PSU "specials". They fail, and they have taken whole computers with them.

My computer doubles as a space heater.

Permanently Retired Systems:
                        RIP Advantech UNO-3072LA (2008-2021) - Decommissioned and taken out of service permanently due to lack of software support for it. Not very likely to ever be recommissioned again.
                        Asus Q550LF (Old main laptop, 2014-2022) - Decommissioned and stripped due to a myriad of problems, the main battery bloating being the final nail in the coffin.

Kooky and Kool Systems
                        - 1996 Power Macintosh 7200/120 + PC Compatibility Card - Under Restoration
                        - 1993 Gateway 2000 80486DX/50 - Fully Operational/WIP
                        - 2004 Athlon 64 Retro Gaming System - Indefinitely Parked
                        - Main Workstation - Fully operational!

sigpic

Comment

don't think so
                          Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                          Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Originally posted by weirdlookinguy View Post
                            ^ If I'm ever in MO I'll take that lovely beast off your hands. I fucking love Trinitrons.
                            Me too,i have A Trinitron old tube Sony KV36HS500 and i connect it to my computer and to my Roku4 and My Nfusion HD combo OTA Satellite receiver and the HD pic put my Vizio LED and Vizio LCD displays to shame as Picture concern.
                            And this Sony has 14 years,i only had to repair it once it was the integrated circuit IC MCZ3001DB that faild.
                            Last edited by ivtec; 04-29-2016, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X