Dell Poweredge 657XG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Poweredge 657XG

Found this motherboard, has dual Xeon 1ghz slot 2's, and 1 1/2 gb of pc133 ram in it. No case or psu or anything like that. Has no IDE, just SCSI. Has 7 ram slots, theres 3 lined up, 3 backwards next to it, and one lone one facing the same direction as the first 3. Has 3 pci-x slots that are green, 3 pci-x slots that are white, and one regular pci. It seems to have a ATI integraded graphics card too. I can't find anything on it on dell's website or on google.

Re: Dell Poweredge 657XG

Look for Poweredge 4400: the 675XG is the motherboard inside those servers

Zandrax
    Have an happy life.

Comment

Hmmm, no wonder I was having trouble finding it. Now I need a power supply for this beast. I wonder what the 9th ram slot is for? Heres a pic of it.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 370forlife
        Hmmm, no wonder I was having trouble finding it. Now I need a power supply for this beast. I wonder what the 9th ram slot is for? Heres a pic of it.
        The 9th slot is the Raid controller cache slot: you can fill it with 64 or 128 MB sticks (a review mentioned a 128 MB cache upgrade): don't know if it's normal ECC SDRAM or Registered stuff like system ram. Dig a bit into the docs .

Zandrax
        Have an happy life.

Comment

Working...
        X