Now its just getting annoying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now its just getting annoying

Ok, i have this router in my room. We have At+t uverse, and I have a tv box in my room. It has a ethernet port on the back that has internet going to it. You can just plug your computer into it, and your online. So I hooked up a router to that, through the WAN port, and it worked for a little while. I had both my 360 and my computer hooked up to it. Now, suddenly, it is saying it has no internet going to it, the internet light was flashing on it. It clearly has internet, as I can get online through the router on my computer, but my 360 says theres nothing there.

I tried resetting it, all that. Not a thing. It was a belkin F5D7230-4. I replaced it with a Dynex DX-E401. That will let me get on my computer, and My 360 will get on for a few minutes, but then it will do weird things. Like I can't join certain games. If I am invited to join a game, it won't let me. But if I go to one randomly, it works fine. Then, after a while it says theres no internet. I don't think its the Uverse box, as if I connect my computer or 360 directly to that, it will work fine.

Im wondering if a Switch would work better. I am getting a 8-port cisco switch for free from a local ford dealership that they don't need. Ford apparently sends them random things that they don't usually need.

Re: Now its just getting annoying

more like the tv box is the problem
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Im thinking its maybe that the Uverse system dosen't like the routers. Kinda sorta maybe makes sense because the 2wire boxes don't use IP address, somehow it uses MAC addresses only.

Comment

Ok, i fixed it. Got a 8 port Linksys switch for free from a local dealership (yay simmonds ford!!! ,) apparently ford sends them a ton of computer stuff like every week that they don't need. Cool.

Comment

Working...
        X