19" LCD Inverter fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

19" LCD Inverter fuse

Picked up a 19" Murphy LCD tv today, turns on and produces just sound. Checked for 2 seconds to black but it appeared that the CCFLs weren't lighting at all.

Checked power going to inverter (pcb used is a FLY-IV190411 REV:1.0) found 12vdc and 4.3vdc so assumed power was getting there (this set uses a 12v brick type PSU)

Looked closely at the inverter and found a SMD fuse, this was blown. Checked every semiconductor on the board, also checked transformers all showed ok - no shorts so I fitted a replacement fuse (very fine piece of wire, approx half as thick as 1A fuse wire) and the set it now working.

My question is, there is no rating marked on the PCB - what value of fuse would be a sensible choice? I'd like to put a proper fuse in the inverter before I sell it on.

(stock photo attached)

SMD fuse is at 1 o'clock of the electrolytic cap beside the power connector.
    Attached Files

Re: 19" LCD Inverter fuse

Was there a letter written on the fuse?

Power consumption of 19" LCD is about 40W, so estimate 80% of that as inverter so around 2.6A at 12V, maybe increase that a bit, 3.15A or 4A, just estimations but they should be fine. Remember though this fuse only has to protect against a short circuit failure not a long term over-current. And the power supply is most likely short circuit protected.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

just got one of these same problem fuse marked with a large S and is about 1206 component size

Comment

That board at SJ has a (T) for fuse F1 which is a 5 amp
        S rating is 4 amp
        Usually fast acting 32 volt
        Last edited by R_J; 12-04-2018, 01:03 PM.

Comment

thanks will upgrade it to a 5A

Comment

Working...
          X